Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XDA II OS Upgrade

Options
  • 08-06-2005 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Am I mad or can you upgrade the OS on a XDA II to Micrsoft Mobile 2005

And if so anyone know how otherwise would it be wise to leave it alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Not afaik - o2 are not releasing it.

What happens with Windows Mobile is MS release bits to manufacturers who then roll their own device specific builds. o2 released PPC 2003 ( www.my-xda.com ) but said that was the last one.

It's possible to flash it yourself with self built bits, but it's a tad risky and could leave you with an expensive paperweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Yeah to risky, saw it mentioned in a few other forums but not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I dont think it's that risky tbh, you can always flash back to a known stable OS.
    I've done it with my smartphone a number of times, trying out different ROM's.

Also, I have seen 2005 XDAII builds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

A Silly Question but is Windows Mobile 2005 Freeware or Licensed and where can it be aqquired

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Also, I have seen 2005 XDAII builds.

Official ones? Any more info? I'd love to upgrade to something with good odds of success, but messing about with building ROMs and associated risk of fscking up is a little too high for me at the mo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement