Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dubious abit tempratures?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've had a new socket 939 abit av8 installed a few days and at first was worried i'd botched the zalman 7700 installation because I was getting 50 or so even in the bios, but the temps seem to fluctuate madly, reporting 50 in bios and then dropping to 40/39 inside windows. The 120mm cpu fan means i've already had to disable fan speed detection to avoid being hit with constant warbling case speaker alarms, but does anyone know wether these boards have reliable inbuilt temp detection or a tendancy to show higher/lower temps than reality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

My m8 has this board and the same problem.
    Its total BS with its temperature readings.
    As far as i know we flashed the bios and attached a manual temp meter to it and its fine.

Just false reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

How did you attach a manual temp reader? To the cpu? I know my abit board over-reads temps by about 10c. This is a s478 ic7 max-3 though. I thought they would have any problems like that sorted with new boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh abits have been known to over read temps, u got the very latest bios??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ediz

Yup, had to flash the latest socket939 bios to it to get it to run with anything bar a single stick of 256mb ram, it took exception to my mushkin ram before the flash, I have a manual temp probe to, regretting I didn't think to install it when I fitted the cpu :( , the temps just seem well off given that the venice core should be running considerably cooler than my old barton.

Advertisement