Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiii 2?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just finished XIII, thought it was very good, although some of the stealth levels were a tad annoying after a while.

Was just wondering if anybody knew if there are any plans for a sequel?

The game leaves the plot open at the end but I'm not sure if the title was successful enough to warrant a follow-up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I doubt it .. i think it sold terrible ... i picked up a copy for PC for €3 in Game a couple of months ago, haven't got round to playing it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can't understand why this game sold so poorly. I thought the graphics, atmosphere and music were absolutely spot on and the comic book styling was brilliant. I really enjoyed it and they did leave the end wide open. Probably a stupid decision by Ubisoft to release this at Christmas as it just got drowned out by other titles.

Companies should leave Christmas to game sequels as Mummy and Daddy can't see past the end of their nose. New games imo are better released in the uncrowded space of spring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i dont like cell-shading but atleast development teams are trying new ideas
    i heard adam west did a voice in it any truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

aye, it was a good game. And it was left wide open for a sequel but i doubt we'll see one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fantastic game imo....bought it on the xbox and PC.....only cost 1.99 on the PC in Game at some stage recently!

It sold very poorly though, so I doubt a sequel is going to hit anytime soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

David Duchovny and Eve did voices for it too. It lists their names when you finish the game.

Its a pity, I thought it was very good, would of definitely bought a sequel.

Had alot of advertising around it when it was released but then it was released at Christmas and a load of people probably bought the usual EA updates rather than something decent.

Its the first game I've bought in well over a year and only got it because it was going cheap at work. Glad I did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah Duchovny was the main character. Hmm i might try and find it for the PC, cos i had it on Xbox but it was taken when my house was broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

would probably do really well if it was only released now, off the back of the success of a film like sin city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

xiii 2? 26?

Theres a damn good reason it sold poorly. Its very average. Compare it to any other popular fps, it just dosent cut it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It wasn't just another FPS though. It was different to games like Hlaf Life and Doom 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i enjoyed it. thought it played well. i had it on GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

AFAIR they were giving it away with the star or something last year, you got a voucher for it and you could claim it in smiths, only for one day though. They did a week of free games.

Advertisement