Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand 'Buy & Sell type website' item

Options
  • 08-06-2005 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

I doubt we'll ever see the likes of this in the Irish Buy & Sell! :(

Can be owned under a Cat. A licence (which I gather is a pretty basic licence) as it "fulls under the definition of a "Cannon" with non obtainable obsolete ammunition. So is an Antique firearm."

A bit different to the rigmarole that goes on here over de-activated/replica stuff :mad:
    And this thing isn't de-activated!!!

Oh, and NZ$2800 is about EU€1600.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

It'd be a right yoke for the crows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Hmm,if it is deact,and you did drag it up to the park,wonder what their faces would be like? :eek: Would look cool tho on the back of my 4wd tho :D
    But seriously,the deact "liscense" thing,i am wondering if it is possible if you own a current FAC to get permission from your Super to posses a deact on this as well?
    Reason I am asking this,is I have a very old pinfire revolver which my parents aquired years ago.[A pin fire is a gun which uses ammo that has the firing pin built into the ammo case itself.It was highly dangerous as any bullets dropped had a chance of hitting the firing pin and detonating.Also it has not been made commerically ASFIK for 130 plus years].The gaurds know about it,and have known about it for years.I have asked them about liscensing/permits etc for this and their attiude is well,you have FACs so we arent too concerned about any misuse of this.I talked to the Park about this as well,their reasoning on the permit system was it was for fammilies or old vets of our war of independance,civil war etc to allow them to posses their keepsakes of service.But not really to collect them.Their attitude to my situation was ,well,if your local lads are happy with the situation....
    Soo is it possible maybe that if you were to ask nicely about owning a deact,and have a FAC already you might recive permission to own?ASFIK the deact thing isnt even a formal liscense ,it is more like a letterheaded station liscense.Any ideas on this one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

If/when we ever go to a sensible FAC system here, where the shooter is licenced and their firearms are all listed on the one document, I would hope that the de-act situation might become more straightforward.

There are lots of de-activated firearms out there, and I wouldn't mind gathering up a few, but I've got to say that the thought of taking a perfectly good antique/obsolete/interesting gun and butchering it up kinda goes against the grain :(
    This probably comes from my family history of vintage cars/tractors, where messing about with genuine original stuff is seen as a cardinal sin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

"please see photos, NB : the ww2 US warship in the final photo is not included in the sale!"

Dammit i thought i was onto a real bargin there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

[
    but I've got to say that the thought of taking a perfectly good antique/obsolete/interesting gun and butchering it up kinda goes against the grain :(
    This probably comes from my family history of vintage cars/tractors, where messing about with genuine original stuff is seen as a cardinal sin :D

AMEN To that brother!!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement