Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparkles in the air

Options
  • 08-06-2005 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

This is a weird thing I've noticed occasionally over the last few years, but especially in the past six months, when I've been seeing it on a daily basis.

It seems to me like the air is milling with tiny sparkling particles (almost always white - very rarely other colours, especially blue). It's very difficult to describe what they're like, but they seem energised - they move occasionally in short curved or spiralling paths, although they mostly just flash in and out of my vision. I can see it most easily in the sky, but if my head's in the right place, for example right after I've woken up from a light sleep, I'll see it anywhere, with any background - the road, buildings, my desk. I can occasionally see it in the dark (not pitch dark, though) and when my eyes are closed.

The only similar-sounding thing I can remember ever reading about was a "fog," a sort of collective aura created by people's belief that there is nothing more to life than this earthly world, that stops developing psychics from seeing what's really there. I'm not convinced either way on that one.

I would describe myself as a classic seeker - had a lot of fairly trivial weird experiences, and a few more significant ones, quite a spiritual person, searching for some answers.

Just my eyes playing tricks? Years ago I asked some people if they saw it, and they got rather confused, so I haven't spoken to anyone else about it since, and as I said, it's only been in the last few months that it's gotten really strong. Does anybody else see this? Any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its your eyes playing tricks. i see the same thing for a few seconds after i put in my contact lenses until my eyes adjust properly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I see something similar every now and then. Like yourself, I'd see it most often when I wake up or have had my eyes closed a while, especially when it's quite bright out, or when looking at the sky if I let my eyes drift out of focus the right way. I've noticed that if I keep my eyes still relative to my head, they just kind of float around in lazy patterns, but if I move my eyes to try and look closely at one they all seem to shoot away. This has made me think that they're actually something on my eyes. By concentrating and staying still, I've noticed that they look kind of like the pictures you see of cells through a microscope so I've assumed that some kind of trick of light is letting me discern small cells, maybe some kind of single cell bacteria, floating around in the fluids covering my eyes.

I've no idea if that's what it actually is or not, or if that's even possible, I'd love to here if anyone has any other ideas. One other little thing, I don't know if it means anything or not, but I have slightly low blood pressure, sometimes I'd get a bit light-headed if I get up too quick, and usually when I see these spontaneously, I feel a little like that.

When you say "milling with tiny sparkling particles" do you mean that you can see a lot of them ? With me it seems like almost like there's thousands of them but only a hundred or so a clear enough to see, with maybe 4 or 5 them visible enough for me to make out the cell type shape

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Always figured they were cells / something in the eyes aswell. Just looking out my window here and I can see them darting about. Definitely easier to spot when looking at a bright sky or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

a couple of years ago I had this happen a lot but I was more tuned in then. On one occasion I was totally engulfed in it. I tried blinking thinking it was my eyes but it was all around me and was still there when I opened my eyes. I got up and ran because it was scaring the crap out of me and when I thought it had gone I turned around and saw it zooming straight at me.
    I used to work with a child who was "in another world" for want of a better word and could be very agressive and everyday I would see a flash of light above our heards. I always figured it was just my eyes or one of the fliurescent lights playing up, enough so to ask the teacher in the class room did she see it. She didin't.
    There was one occasion where I was talking to my mother though and there was a bright flash zipped across in between us as we were talking. I stopped mid scentence and asked her did she see that, and she looked stright at me and said yes.
    I think its just energy, it was more pronounced if there was anxiety or if someone was talking "passionately" about something.

[edit] i'm not talking about floaters or blind spots in vision, its like very thick electricity or watching a thunderbolt zip out of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

Stevenmu and Goodshape: yeah, sounds like you're seeing what I'm seeing. Scruff: I've never worn contact lenses and what I'm talking about isn't the effect I get from rubbing my eyes. So I'm not sure if we're talking about exactly the same thing, although you could of course be right.
    stevenmu wrote:
    When you say "milling with tiny sparkling particles" do you mean that you can see a lot of them ? With me it seems like almost like there's thousands of them but only a hundred or so a clear enough to see, with maybe 4 or 5 them visible enough for me to make out the cell type shape
    I can see them everywhere I look (sometimes, anyway) so that's why I think there's thousands of them. When I look at the sky or whatever, I can see a few hundred, just in the area I'm focused on. I can also see them darting to a lesser extent all over my field of vision, where my eyes aren't focused at all.
    stevenmu wrote:
    I've noticed that if I keep my eyes still relative to my head, they just kind of float around in lazy patterns, but if I move my eyes to try and look closely at one they all seem to shoot away. This has made me think that they're actually something on my eyes.
    They don't behave in the same way for me - the movement of my eyes (or of myself, for instance, if I'm walking or on a train) doesn't affect what I see at all.
    stevenmu wrote:
    By concentrating and staying still, I've noticed that they look kind of like the pictures you see of cells through a microscope so I've assumed that some kind of trick of light is letting me discern small cells, maybe some kind of single cell bacteria, floating around in the fluids covering my eyes.
    It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure if it's right :D but I've wondered exactly the same thing before. That is exactly how they move, isn't it? Hmm. Weird.

• Advertisement

don't know if any of you have been watching big bro, but mary who was an irish lass and a self confessed witch was evicted friday. (I don't watch it just catch glimpses occasionally)
    anyway..apparantly after her evicition on friday a few things came to light about the techincal difficulties she experienced while in the big brother house.
    During her eight days in the house, her microphone was replaced five times. It would just stop working. She thought BB was ripping the Pi** but they released a statement saying they did not have anything to do with it. Even on the date of her eviction duing her interview with Davina the mic Davina was using went dead, another sound personel testified to both mics he was using going dead when interviewing Mary.
    So BB decided to call in Uri Geller to explain the mysterious goings on. Uri explained Mary was very psychic and the technical difficulties were as a result of her energy.

Apparantly this is a very common thing and its often associated with poltergeist activity. The kid I was working with had huge amounts of psychic energy and often lightbulbs would blow when he wasn;t on form and at times this energy was extremly visible. I think this is what I was referring to. :)

solas wrote:
    Apparantly this is a very common thing and its often associated with poltergeist activity. The kid I was working with had huge amounts of psychic energy and often lightbulbs would blow when he wasn;t on form and at times this energy was extremly visible. I think this is what I was referring to. :)

Do you ever see the energy at will or is it just in certain situations like the ones you described?

Also:
    solas wrote:
    its like very thick electricity
    Heh... I can just about visualise that. Is it like what I was talking about? Or something different? That bit about it engulfing you and then zooming after you sounds like a pretty awful experience. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You may want to get an eye doctor to check it out.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002085.htm

no..not at will, just during certain experiences and yes when it zoomed at me was a pretty frightening thing because I hadn't a clue what was going, that and the fact that it was very real. I was working with a child with Adhd and I was checking out support sites on line to see if I could find a better understanding and I found a chatroom for adhd support and the kids there were all psychichally or spiritually inclined. Somehow I wasn't surprised. One of the kids said "I want to hug you" which is when the "lightning" engulfed me. It was just like very thik static electricity, yellowy electric sparkly type light and it was very intense.

spirit energy if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hacksaw Charlie

BBC just aired a program called "How art changed the world" and at the beginning of the series it explained how the human mind - or the "hard wiring" of our eyes accounts for how we see virtural images. Particularly in low light or pitch darknes [like in a cave]

In particular, it explained how the mind generates a lot of these wierd and sometimes troubling images.

Brilliant stuff, it explained so much. I'd recommend watching it if you ever get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Don't think s/he's talking about floaters, Gordon. I've had a floater for as long as I can remember.. annoying wee bugger every now and again, hardly noticeable most of the time. Not really what arrietty is describing though.

all the same, a visit to the eye doctor could at least clear up the possibility.

the kid knew what he was doing though, I told him to stop and he started laughing and said it will stop in its own time. Go figure.

Gordon wrote:
    You may want to get an eye doctor to check it out.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002085.htm
    Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. I get floaters in my eyes occasionally, like everyone, so I reckon this is completely different.

solas wrote:
    On one occasion I was totally engulfed in it. I tried blinking thinking it was my eyes but it was all around me and was still there when I opened my eyes. I got up and ran because it was scaring the crap out of me and when I thought it had gone I turned around and saw it zooming straight at me.
    There was one time I went out into the back garden and I was surrounded by what looked like millions of little points of light, they were kind of white with a hint of colour too them. They seemed to bob and weave as if they were floating water, kind of like when you see huge shoals of little silvery fish being herded by dolphins or sharks, the way they ripple like a collective object. It seemed to be all around me, stretching out a metre or two, but would follow me as I walked around the garden.

It had just gone dark and it didn't seem foggy/misty but the only thing I could think of it being was a mist just forming and reflecting/refracting the last bit of sunlight down. It's kind of a pity to put a rational explanation to it though, it was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and gave me this wonderfull deep down calm feeling.

I was indoors in fornt of my computer when it happened and it ws broad daylight. I can't say it was a nice calm feeling though. Its like the feeling you would get if you saw a ghost :eek:
    it felt very invasive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leetay

Been searching the web for somebody who see's this aswell.
    I ve been seeing these for over a year, it first happen when i had spent a couple of hours practicing aura viewing... forcing your eyes to see more.
    After doing some research what i believe im seeing is superconductivity in action. The sparkles jump into this dimension then move, vigourously in spirals/swirls and some very eratic than disapear..(thousands if not more)i can see this all the time now.
    And when i can't i force my self, having done this for a year, i have had the most amazing improvement in eyesight that i can imagine..
    i also have now been able to start to see physical objects vibrate.. i think again this is the quantum aspect, andbody can do this they just have concsciously focus on see them.. takes time but its truly fantastic.
    the world is waking up slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NigelK

Hi Guys,
    Like Leetay I searched for this subject on the 'net, having first observed this phenomenom at least a year ago.

Checking them out again this morning I've got some observations:
    They move fast for their size.
    I don't think they could be errant cells due to their speed
    They don't move in perfectly staight lines, they seem to wobble or swerve
    They are very energetic
    They move independently of eye movement
    I haven't seen any collide
    They are NOT floaters
    For me they are best seen against a bright background ie the sky
    I most often see them whilst in bed looking out of the window, observations seem to be best when there is condensation inside the glass.
    Occasionally they flash, I wonder if this is a "front on" view.
    They are visible at between (I think) 6 to 12 feet away.
    There are lots of them
    Leetay's idea of superconductivity particles is interesting
    Perhaps they could be "the matrix" which conveys information remotely ie telepathicly or "plant conciousness.
    I'm also a "searcher".
    I saw a UFO video in which the movement of the UFO was similar to the "sparkes" which generally don't sparkle, they're just brighter than the background, however I've been unable to find it again.

This is my experience, if anyone else has anything to offer I'd be rapt!

Regards, NigelK

NigelK, leetay: you definitely seem to be seeing what I'm seeing. NigelK, your description is a lot better than mine. :)

TBH, none of the ideas I've heard so far totally click with me. I'm still not sure what they are. leetay, could you elaborate on your ideas?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Missed this thread when it started, but arriety this is EXACTLY what Ive been seeing for years. Ive asked on a few threads about it but never got a reply which seemed to be talking about exactly this. I dont know if its an eyesight thing but I did ask an optician and got a kind of 'huh?' response and felt stupid so I didnt pursue it further.

I see this phenomenon everywhere, moreso if I concentrate. Its even on the screen now. The movement is like a swarm of bees, random and quick, and it looks like white sparks. It fills the whole field of view, but is easier to see on bright backgrounds. Unlike solas I dont find it threatening or intrusive, just curious, but it does get more intense if you concentrate on it.

If I am doing spiritual reading or having a close conversation with someone, I often see similar sparks above them, but Im unsure if the sparkle thing is in my eyes or otherwise :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I remember seeing a documentry about paranormal activity and there are things called "Orbs".. small spherical flecks of light which float through the air... usually only visible on camera or by phsychic people... supposidly the spirits of the dearly departed...

xzanti wrote:
    I remember seeing a documentry about paranormal activity and there are things called "Orbs".. small spherical flecks of light which float through the air... usually only visible on camera or by phsychic people... supposidly the spirits of the dearly departed...
    There are numerous threads here that mention orbs, and many people are sceptical of them. The sparkle thing for me is not like orbs, more like short firework flashes in every direction, filling your field of view.

KatieK wrote:
    Missed this thread when it started, but arriety this is EXACTLY what Ive been seeing for years. Ive asked on a few threads about it but never got a reply which seemed to be talking about exactly this. I dont know if its an eyesight thing but I did ask an optician and got a kind of 'huh?' response and felt stupid so I didnt pursue it further.
    Yep. I know that response. I'm glad that other people seem to know what I'm talking about - cool too if you've also been trying to figure it out.
    KatieK wrote:
    If I am doing spiritual reading or having a close conversation with someone, I often see similar sparks above them, but Im unsure if the sparkle thing is in my eyes or otherwise :)
    Hey: a thought. Can you (or anyone else reading this) see auras? And do the sparkles (for want of a better word) interact with them at all? Cos I don't see auras properly, although I've definitely felt one... but I was just thinking that there might be something there to think about.

arrietty wrote:
    Yep. I know that response. I'm glad that other people seem to know what I'm talking about - cool too if you've also been trying to figure it out.

Hey: a thought. Can you (or anyone else reading this) see auras? And do the sparkles (for want of a better word) interact with them at all? Cos I don't see auras properly, although I've definitely felt one... but I was just thinking that there might be something there to think about.
    I dont see auras if I try to see auras, :rolleyes: on a few occasions I have seen a glow around people and things when I wasnt trying. Ive often looked at the sparkle effect behind and object, to see if the object has any effect on how it appears, and the sparks seem to move outward from the object, but tbh the jury is still out, as I could be seeing what I hope to see...does that make sense? Im better at sensing auras, I tend to look at a person and see their colours in my minds eye, I also 'see' injury or pain as a dark area.

KatieK wrote:
    I dont see auras if I try to see auras, :rolleyes: on a few occasions I have seen a glow around people and things when I wasnt trying.
    :) I get ya.
    KatieK wrote:
    Ive often looked at the sparkle effect behind and object, to see if the object has any effect on how it appears, and the sparks seem to move outward from the object, but tbh the jury is still out, as I could be seeing what I hope to see...does that make sense?
    I've actually tried that too. I think that possibly there is an effect... not that they're moving outward, more that they're deflected, or something. Not sure how to describe it. I've also seen individual particles almost bounce, very brightly, off a rooftop. Like you, I'm not sure whether I'm seeing what I hope to see or not. :)

Will have to study it some more, and see what happens, but hooray :D someone else finally knows what Im on about.

For anyone who hasnt a clue about this, next sunny day stare up at the sky for a few minutes (not near the sun, dont want you going blind ;) ) and see if it happens for you, too. Allow your eyes to relax, dont try too hard to focus on any one thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NigelK

In addition to the other ideas perhaps it could be worth considering:
    Is it the ether or "orgone" energy we're seeing?
    Is it something to do with blood pressure and "seeing stars"?
    I prefer to think that it's a kind of matrix connecting and carrying information between everything.

I also can't see auras but i do have a good fut instinct about people.
    Regards, NigelK

I've seen sparkles connected to a persons aura before, at the time I didn't really connect it with what's being discussed here, but the more I think about it now the more similar it seemed.

I also have slightly low blood pressure and they look a bit similar to the 'stars' I'd see the odd time if I get up too quick or from getting a knock on the head. The obvious differences being that with those two causes the stars seem to be much brighter, much fewer and more spinny, as if they're all moving in unison around you (not quite like the cartoons), as opposed to lying in all directions randomly. I also don't seem the see the cell-like bits aswell. It's hard to say if they're the same or not though, generally if my blood pressure's too low or I've banged my head, I have more pressing matters to attend to :)

I've always been under the impression that the little cell like bits were basically just the little moving lights closer up, or maybe further away it's hard to judge, but due to whatever way the eye's are picking them up they seem to move much slower but are actually the same thing moving at the same speed. Does that make sense to anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leetay

It great to come back after a week and find the conversation still going strong on the speckles.
    I have a few thoughs to pass on so here goes!
    I do see auras if i concentrate hard, but it does take time. Some funky stuff goes on with the eyes, first the room become dark (in daylite with eyes open) then evey object starts to glow with strange colours, i can only do this for about ten seconds then my eyes seem to snap back into normal reality, with eyes usually watering at this stage.
    Seeing the auras around my own fingers now at will. But this also took practice.... looks like practice is the key.
    Has anybody tried to see the oliy filaments that surround us?
    You can try this is a dim lit room, looking at a white or light coloured wall, i usually lie in my back and move my outstretched hand through the air slowly consentrating on the area between the fingers and not the wall in the background, what i see is my hand moving through STUFF, its quite amazing it looks like we are actually submerged in this, it like light oil on water the fractal effect.
    If you can see sparkles then try this it blows your mind at first.
    Another possiblity to the sparkles is that as we near the year 2012 our planet is moving into the photon belt, the sun is already in the belt and hense its eratic behaviour over the last couple of years. Before we move totally into the photon belt we start to pass through it and remain in it longer each year up till the time when we are fully within which is 2012 sometime called the galatic day as we have been traveling througn the glactic night for 25000+ years, I would advise anybody intersted to read a book called bringers of dawn by Barbara Marciniak, or lissen to the lecture by David Hudson on monoatomic elements(this is very good) Quantum pyshics and super conductivity in a maner everybody can understand. Here is the link http://www.luminet.net/~wenonah/hudson/index.html you will find the audio half way down the page and a link to the second part.

Another aspect of this it Terance McKenna and his time wave theories about how we are actually speeding up to a zero point based upon the golden ratio 1:1.618 and a consciousness is going to move up a level...
    Im currently reading a book called The self aware Universe "how consciousness creates the material world" im on to the first chapter and it already opened my mind even more.

If you realy like Mysteries i would like to sugest a site called goroadachi.com
    i would recommend your spend a bit of time at this site or montalk.net

By the way has anybody seen a spirt/ghost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

leetay wrote:
    I do see auras if i concentrate hard, but it does take time. Some funky stuff goes on with the eyes, first the room become dark (in daylite with eyes open) then evey object starts to glow with strange colours, i can only do this for about ten seconds then my eyes seem to snap back into normal reality, with eyes usually watering at this stage.

That's happened to me a few times but I'm very sure it's just the cones in my retinas becoming depleted. You have to make sure you're "looking with your mind" not with your eyes when you try to see auras, otherwise the effects of eyestrain interfere with the process. I've seen a few genuine auras but I've also seen quite a few after images and it takes a bit of practice to recognise the difference. At the moment my blood sugar is kind of low as I've forgotten to eat and I have noticed the image from my laptop screen is following me a little as I look around the room and also that the room has taken on a slightly grainy texture like an analogue tv signal when I actually stop to think about what I'm looking at. I think I'd better go eat... :)

Advertisement