Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antialias text and printing

Options
  • 08-06-2005 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Hey there.
    I was wondering if someone might have the solution to this problem. I'm trying to design a poster and so far all is good. I have text over a nice background and I have applied antialias to make the text smoother. It looks fine on screen but when I print it out the text is kinda fuzzy. The thing is the last poster I did, the antalias worked perfect and the text was really sharp and smooth!
    Any ideas appraciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You need to increase the DPI (dots per inch) to 300 (default is 72) to get text looking decent on print-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Nice one. I'll try that.

PS: Do you have any ideas regarding raster Vs vector printing. I think they are the right terms. I saw it mentioned in a few places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

you should NEVER antialias text for print, thats just crazy! its designed for screen viewing, and printing it will look fairly crap (if your getting it properly printed)

Advertisement