Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw's/*

Options
  • 08-06-2005 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

alright folks.....

i have read with amusing interest the bmw naggin and im better than yours ...

so with firstly regard to my much talked about e36 i have to say im personally delighted with it.....

i dont know if i posted a feedback. but basically, keep away from main stealers..
    if u get a bmw take it to a good independent dealer.

i spent about 500e or more on un necessary parts for the 316, course i feel foolish, but what did i know?

the bmw bloke in cork was sound, he put on a valve device which was the cause of the erratic idle, the idle which was driving me looooney...!

the valve is just a black circular yoke attached to one end of the idle air valve,

in fairness the main dealer mentioned this as well, but he said, 'its almost certainly the idle air valve' so then i got one of them which of course made bog all difference.

however, they (bmw stealers) charged me like 100e for 'fixing' the idle, they said there was a crack in a hose on the iav,......

it was as bad as ever the next day, they put on a new hose and stuff for 'free' but the car still wasnt right. basically they did funk all....

apart from the idel air valve there was a reservoir tank, or something which was faulty as well. he by passed this and said it is not needed.

the car is driving 100% now like new.

and over hondas, its far more comfortable.

no question, over longer journeys, the bmw is more enjoyable.
    you also feel safer, hondas melt like ice cream when you crash them

if anyone is buying a e36, get it checked out on a computer.

the lambda sensor i bought was not faulty either, it showed up fallty over the failed valve on the manifold.

the thermo was faulty, but thats hardly surprising at 100,000 miles.

verdict:
    take to independent dealer!

as for a fto, a fto and bmw are completely different, a fto mivec is very hard to insure and will guzzle alot of petrol, so people here dont seem to know what they are on about huh/?
    having said that, i still want a new model ITR........:)

Advertisement