Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English - The aftermath.

Options
  • 08-06-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

just home on a quick lunch,

tell us your thoughts on both papers, tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

P1 was ok, but i tink i did a **** essay, how does 2 and 1/2 pages sound??? not good right?

going into do PII now, best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye 2 and a half pages isnt de best but i only did 3 so its all good! I thought it was easy enough but my had is killin me!!

im fooked for p2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

with spelling and grammar like that your worse off than you could imagine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Gileadi wrote:
    your worse off than you could imagine ;)

Indeed.

Pot, kettle, black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Paper 2 was just perfect. I didn't do A quality but a high C or B is in store for me hopefully.

ONLY studied dickinson beforehand, and BOOM! She came up, worked backwards on paper 2, seen poetry, then unseen, comparative then hamlet. All worked out well, let myself down on hamlet but overall im pretty happy with how I did.

Paper 1 was ... well, paper 1. I did text 2 section A, text 3 section B and i did essay 7 (a) and used picture 3.

Overall today wasnt bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Paper 2 was just perfect. I didn't do A quality but a high C or B is in store for me hopefully
    I almost wet myself when I saw Dickinson and Boland. Getting that got me off to a great start, did a good essay on Dickinson, Hamlet was great (did the 1st Q on the appeal of Hamlet to a 21st Century audience...best question I could get, I used every quote I knew) and my Compariitive was at least good enough to get half marks for it.

Paper 1 was alright, I'm not to sure about the length of some of my answers. I did the Diary one for Q B, and was only doing around a page per diary entry (I couldn't figure out how to do any more! I was pulling everything out of the texts, there just didn't seem to be enough for me) but my A Q was fine (did the Celebrity lifestyles one)
    And I went off on a rant about Iraq for the personnal essay.

So yeah, good paper. Reckon a C1 at worst, which is alright. Let's hope the rest are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Still half an hour left to go on paper 2. I'd hate to be back in there now. I left an hour early. Got to do maths now!

I think I got around a B2 for Paper 1.

For Paper 2, I left about 40 minutes early, and yet I think I got an A1!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The exam was simple. For some reason a soon as I entered th exam hall I needed to take a leak! That motivated me to write fast. I was dying for a p1ss the whole way through both exams! I'll no longer be drinking water in between the exams.

Thank christ I'll never have to write about hamlet ever again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Just back after doing both papers

My essay was great 6.5 pages i discuss it here

I did q. a on sect 1 wrote over a page for each question handy enough hard to do 20marks worth for last q. though i discussed violent imager/ appeal to sense of taste /smell

For sect b. I did the ist photo
    discusses
    shows emotion/love
    horrific nature of war as they are split up
    the humanness of soldiers (is that a word?)
    and how it poses the question, how can we let this happen.

Paper 2. was lovely

Loved the 1.st lit genre question kept being like It is important to consider..
    I will be discussing..
    etc.
    5 pages

hamlet I did q on weaknesses loved it but may not have discussed his strengths enough
    6.5 pages

Emily Dickinson - great that she came up but had to discuss a lot due to q. my impact
    language
    imagery
    her personality
    5.5 pages

The unseen was terrific the healing power/ inspiraton falling from the moon in the form of moon rain! 2 pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

roxy wrote:
    Indeed.

Pot, kettle, black.

a good thing i dont have to sit english then isnt it ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Gileadi wrote:
    a good thing i dont have to sit english then isnt it ^^

It certainly is.

But when posting sarky remarks about other people's grammar it's always worth giving a second glance before committing. It saves you from looking silly y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I'm dissapointed with how I did. I didn't even finish paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Ach. It was ok, my essay, comparitive and SST answers were reall good, my poetry has let me down big time, the rest...well...meh. Should be good enough to get over 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

Congrats to all you people happy with the paper, but wasnt there anyone else relying on Wordsworth coming up? Couldnt believe it when i saw 2 women poets on the paper, what the hell is this an equal society or what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

was really happy with that paper. All in all, it was good.

Hamlet question (1st one) at first was a bit of a wtf, but than i realised i could say anything at all and it would be grand. Hamlets character was also a grand one id imagine.

The department were pretty sound putting, Dickinson Yeats and Boland on. No suprises thank god. Did yeats myself.

General Vision and Viewpoint was grand. All preprepared so was grand.

Paper one was also ok. Did ques A on the Butcher one, and B on the letter to the photgraphy magazine. Essay was on the obsession of people with celebrity.

Was pretty damn happy all in all. Worst over with now. The first was always going to be hardest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

How long did you spend writing your essays. I wrote my essay in an hour. It was 6 pages. Paper two was grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Paper 2 was just perfect. I didn't do A quality but a high C or B is in store for me hopefully.

ONLY studied dickinson beforehand, and BOOM! She came up, worked backwards on paper 2, seen poetry, then unseen, comparative then hamlet. All worked out well, let myself down on hamlet but overall im pretty happy with how I did.

Paper 1 was ... well, paper 1. I did text 2 section A, text 3 section B and i did essay 7 (a) and used picture 3.

Overall today wasnt bad.

Omg everthing here is exactly I MEAN EXACTLY what i did/think

Best. Exam. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Couldn't have hoped for better papers. Lovely exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

yeah overall wa a fantastic exam. Thanks dept, now make sure the rest are fine!

Wait...if we all did good in the english...that means we got high points in it.....

HOPE I GET MY POINTS!

Overall today wasnt bad.

how did you the 2nd exam in an hour?

Uhh ... I finished at just before 4, and we started at 1:30. You have a lot of work to do for the morning man :D.

you posted at3:16!how could expect to get a high b!yeah i need help.im doing honours maths

16:16 actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Best. Exam. Ever.
    right on

do ya know for the hamlet question about his weaknesses
    i wrote about his weakness and strengths and said why everyone ,loved him
    is that right?the question, i dunno, it kinda put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Heard that one of the titles on the JC paper was 'Travelling on a School Bus'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

it was
    ok granted it might have upset those kids in navan and my heart goes out to them
    but i reckon its jus the parents council kickin up a fuss like they always do
    i really do sympathise with the kids and my heart goes out to them but isnt it blown outta proportion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

Likewise - Unreal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

Thought the papers were o.k and most of it went fine except maybe comparative - but i always hated that question anyway! :D

Advertisement