Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How You Think You Did???

Options
  • 08-06-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

i would say i got a B or A but not too sure i only did ordinary though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

erm i think i got a high C or a B.
    It was a difficult challenge in Higher Level but it cud had been harder

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I am really surprised at that test...it was NOTHING like I expected..it was damn easier than any mock ive done in class or even in the mocks....saying that I prob only got a D :o...but if Ive done good I can see a low A or high B :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

But we wont no wheteher we get high or low sure we wont? So if we get a b we can tell ourselves it was probably 84%!
    So I guess it wasnt that bad, I have no idea what i got though Im really bad at guessing...im just gonna forget about the grade until september!

lol me too...its horrible that they dont tell you your percentage :( but thats good...Kills competition between buds :p he got 78% I got 81% we both got a B no one knows who done better

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

That was by far the easiest English HL JC exam I've ever seen.. There was nothing complicated in the unstudied stuff, I didn't even need to read the poem over and over and over again to get WTH it's about.
    I did crap on the 'studied' stuff in paper 2. Did pretty good in the unstudied stuff in paper 2. Paper 1 was pretty easy. I did the 'wish' essay. The wish for myself was that all my future wishes come true.. It turned out crap-as-expected in the end, but I've written worse.

I think I probably got a C, but if I'm VERY lucky, a B.

• Advertisement

yea english is a hard one...its not how much you write its how you write it..horrible for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

B, perhaps A.

Do you really not get grades? Bugger.

Nope! no percentage result

428px-Juniorcert1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm guessing a C since I nearly ran out of time and rushed the last question....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

someone scan the pages of the HL because im sure you were allowed bring the questions home right???

to think of it, I think that I really F**cked up everythin on the question 2's on paper 2. For the drama I might do well, Trial scene in Merchant of venice, Scene with conflict---I still wrote c**p for it though
    Poetry I done Dulce et decorum est by wilfred owen--on the setting question...i started babbling on about it was an important factor, the setting that is, on the play :(
    Then in the fiction I rambled on about Goodnight Mr Tom and you williams changes from the start of the novel :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 *dream09*

someone scan the pages of the HL because im sure you were allowed bring the questions home right???
    yes you were allowed bring them home!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

:D Higher level was pretty easy!! :D I think I got a C or a B. All im worried about now is Irish. What suprised me most was the amount of people leaving so early..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

yeah, so many people left early in my school. It's stupid to leave early particularly in english because in english you can ALWAYS write more.

I did the Shakespearean drama which is a first as I normally always do the "other" drama, but this year, the shakespeare was so easy and the questions were nicer then the ones on the other drama. Hopefully I'll have done well.

I'm estimating either an A or a B but who knows I could have done horribly badly and just not realise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, but writing more doesn't always help. Sometimes it can bring you down because they'll mark you down on overall impression if they think you're waffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

who said it was waffle? No, i know what you mean but for english the reason the exam is that long is because thats how much and how long you should be writing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I think I got a b or a c in HL.I did way better in paper one than in 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

High C or low B.
    The unseen poetry questions had nothing to do with the poems i studied!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

Same with me. I nearly fainted when I read the poetry question, neither one I could relate to studied poetry. I just picked Mid-Term Break and waffled on. Hopefully it was plausible. I did okay in Drama I think though, so that's okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement