Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Lunches

• 08-06-2005 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

anyone got any suggestions for some healthy lunches instead of the usual chicken mayo sambos??? I usually hate salads, but willing to try any nice recipes...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

tomato sauce sambos, especially chef sauce...mmmmm Prevents cancer you don't get healthier than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I'm not sure where you are getting the 'Tomato Sauce prevents cancer' line! Are you sure you are not mixing this up with tomatoes prevent bowel/prostrate cancer, due to the highly fiberous nature of the seeds, which don't feature in tomatoe sauce.

Currently I am enhoying the Avanmore (spellin) fresh soups. They are sold in tetra-pak cartons, which are microwavable. They are yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Have a banana :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

and a kiwi.plenty of vitamins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

mmm kiwi skin , thats the only bit of it i eat

ou have a tuna and cheese wrap , there yum handy to make and very filling , I guess you could throw some salad into it too , but get the weight watchers tuna in tomato sauce , thats yum , way better than plain tuna :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

World's healthiest foods : excellent website with all the info you need on each food plus cool recipes!
    World's Healthiest Foods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

i try and make some pasta the night before work, throw in some strips of cooked chicked, bring it to work with me in the morning, 4 mins in the microwave and you're laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dfmips1

bonzai bob wrote:
    i try and make some pasta the night before work, throw in some strips of cooked chicked, bring it to work with me in the morning, 4 mins in the microwave and you're laughing!

Thats sounds nice, didnt know u could microwave pasta. Do you need to add water or something?

I'm currently going through a super noodles phase myself, not to healthy & VERY boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Thats sounds nice, didnt know u could microwave pasta. Do you need to add water or something
    ?

I think bonzai bob cooks the pasta first and then reheats it in work!
    I make different pasta salads and throw them in the fridge when I get in. Yummy and ready to scoff at lunch. Cornation chicken made with really low fat mayo is delicious.
    Roasted sweetpotatoes with veg is really filling too. A good breakfast takes the panic off having to grab the nearest overpriced tasteless sarnie avalible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I make different pasta salads and throw them in the fridge when I get in. Yummy

Got any receipes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

My favourite is tuna salad. I get a tin of tuna, some iceberg lettuce, random chopped up veg(eg. broccoli, carrots, cucumber), pasta and low fat mayo. I just mix them all together in a lunchbox the night before I want it. This usually lasts about 2 days. Just don't put in the pasta when it's still hot. And don't put in too much mayo as it is damn fattening. Hellmann's Extra Light mayo is probably the best way to go if you want a low fat alternative as it has barely any calories compared to the original version and still manages to taste good. Another option is to add in a dressing like vinaigrette to keep the calories down. Lots of nutrients from the veg and fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

prospect wrote:
    I'm not sure where you are getting the 'Tomato Sauce prevents cancer' line! Are you sure you are not mixing this up with tomatoes prevent bowel/prostrate cancer, due to the highly fiberous nature of the seeds, which don't feature in tomatoe sauce.

Currently I am enhoying the Avanmore (spellin) fresh soups. They are sold in tetra-pak cartons, which are microwavable. They are yum.

Firstly I dont agree with the tomato ASause prevents cancer thing but tomatoes apart from the fiberous seeds are an anti oxident which as far as I know helps prevent cancer.

Advertisement