Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA in the shops

Options
  • 08-06-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

As we know by now, the PC and Xbox versions of GTA San Andreas are in the hands of the warez monkeys after the game went on release in the USA. As it is not due for release here until Friday (boo, hiss!), does anyone know if any of the bricks 'n mortar shops have broken the street date on it yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah you fecker... the thread title had me thinking it was being sold in the shops.
    Hmmm, I wonder though... an extra tenner in the pocket of the sales clerk might losen his grip... and a copy of GTA:SA might just "fall" onto the counter. :D
    Then he just has "buy" a copy on release day to make up for the stock/till.
    Yes, if anyone knows of someone who'll wink and nodd, please post it here... where they won't be found out. (mwooahahhahahhaaa!)

Stephen wrote:
    As we know by now, the PC and Xbox versions of GTA San Andreas are in the hands of the warez monkeys after the game went on release in the USA.
    Really? Hmmm I didn't know that.
    Thanks for the warez update.
    pwnt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The thread about GTA SA and securom/starforce below this goes into greater detail ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

not my intention when I posted it tho...

damn monkeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As we know by now, the PC and Xbox versions of GTA San Andreas are in the hands of the warez monkeys after the game went on release in the USA.

:cool:

The only way to go after I discovered I do not get paid until a month of work :eek:

• Advertisement

The only way to go after I discovered I do not get paid until a month of work :eek:
    Carefull now.

To be entirely honest I'm damn tempted to give it a little preview before friday, but by the time I'd get 4Gigs down; it'd already be friday, so there's little point :p
    Gah, why must they keep us waiting?!
    I'd managed to put it to the back of my mind for the past 6 months or so, avoiding my brothers PS2, then I read this thread and I'm all GTA-horny again.
    I'm this close to reinstalling GTA:Vice City just to tide me over till friday.
    Anyone else gagging for it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Guess I'm a warez monkey trying before I buy. It's sweet and I haven't played in on the PS2 this is my first time playing it on the PC and I like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm this close to reinstalling GTA:Vice City just to tide me over till friday.
    Anyone else gagging for it?
    I am... I have it on PS2 but the PS2 just can't cope with it. I'm going to trade my ps2 version against the cost of the PC one in gamestop on friday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It's likely that the shops have it by now, and HMV is probably the place to keep an eye on for street date breakage, out of past occourances. Saying that, there was some big deal between distributors and shops for SA on the ps2 and it worked well, so I'd expect the same this time around too.
    I would consider being a warez monkey, but my PC would never be able to hack the game anyway, and my xbox is unchipped!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have it! :D

For the PS2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Anyone any idea on minimum pc specs and what can/cant handle it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2400Xp
    1.5Gb
    9800Xt

Runs it super toasty at 1280*960 everything on Very High.

Everyone should PM Evad asking for a copy to be sold early.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

KdjaC wrote:
    2400Xp
    1.5Gb
    9800Xt

Runs it super toasty at 1280*960 everything on Very High.

Everyone should PM Evad asking for a copy to be sold early.

kdjac

I've heard there are some issues with ATi Catalyst v5.5? Have you had any trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any problems with frame limiter off? Like buildings disappearing?

LookingFor wrote:
    I've heard there are some issues with ATi Catalyst v5.5? Have you had any trouble?

Nope 60+ fps(only got Cat 5.5 yesterday)
    Any problems with frame limiter off? Like buildings disappearing?

Thats gonna happen regardless but only in background, draw distance to full kinda stops it but reqs more ram and decent Gpu.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

man all this fuss over a sub standard game? amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

xtravision should have it on the shelves tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can you back that up ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Slurms wrote:

Fuss ? Its only a one page thread. Calling the game sub standard is idiotic...oh your sig is horrible too.

Slurms wrote:

Actually according to all reviews its the best game ever.

I would agree with that simply amazing game.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Uh, since when do xtravision do PC games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It's out for the Xbox aswell and they sell Xbox games

K-TRIC wrote:
    It's out for the Xbox aswell and they sell Xbox games
    Oh I see, very clever.
    Homerclese cares not for xbox... BE GONE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KdjaC wrote:
    Actually according to all reviews its the best game ever.

I would agree with that simply amazing game.

kdjac

Bah, not me. I enjoyed Vice City far more and San Andreas takes far too long until there are good missions (however the last few are excellent). I think Eurogamer summed it up well by saying there was more fun per sq kilometre in Vice City. It's still an excellent game but for me just short of greatness for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

dunno if they all do them, the one in finglas does ps2, xbox, pc, gc, ds, gba.

they usually sell their games the day before release. i got pes4, mgs3, and gt4 the day before they came out.

dunno if they all do them, the one in finglas does ps2, xbox, pc, gc, ds, gba.
    Hmmm, their site is all "xbox this, ps2 that"... be sure to let us know if they have the PC version in stock.

Actually, this reminds me of the time I was shopping for GTA:VC on release day... I went to GAME on grafton street - yup there's gta:vc... then I took a wander off to HMV, just to shop around... no sign of any GTA related malarky, so I asked the guy behind the counter "dude, wtf?" ... and he was like "woah, it's like being released tomorrow <smug>" ... so I'm like "roffle noob, GAME just down the road are selling it today you plonk." ... and he was like "hmmm" ... and I was like "roffel cu luzr"
    And it wasn't even GAME breaking the release date either, this was the official date.
    True story.

So you see... funny things like this always happen when I buy GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Dude was probably high. All the staff in HMV are perpetually stoned, and I base this on absolutely nothing.

Looking forward to GTA:SA though, hope it got a good graphical upgrade. Graphics haven’t really struck me as decent yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Hmmm, their site is all "xbox this, ps2 that"... be sure to let us know if they have the PC version in stock.

Actually, this reminds me of the time I was shopping for GTA:VC on release day... I went to GAME on grafton street - yup there's gta:vc... then I took a wander off to HMV, just to shop around... no sign of any GTA related malarky, so I asked the guy behind the counter "dude, wtf?" ... and he was like "woah, it's like being released tomorrow <smug>" ... so I'm like "roffle noob, GAME just down the road are selling it today you plonk." ... and he was like "hmmm" ... and I was like "roffel cu luzr"
    And it wasn't even GAME breaking the release date either, this was the official date.
    True story.

So you see... funny things like this always happen when I buy GTA.

I was in Game at the time the street tape broke, it was quite funny, them hauling out big boxes of the game and people rushing to buy copies. Of course it happened about 30 seconds after I'd just given them all my money for a shiny new gamecube and couple of games(I'd played monkeyball for the first time in a friends house the night before and did what any sane person would and made sure I owned a copy at the first possible opportunity).

30 seconds later and I may have delayed buying that gamecube but oh well, it was worth it in the long run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

i have it on PC since monday night/tuesday morning i was up til about 8 in the morning and then i fell into bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I have
    GTA: San Andreas
    GTA: Vice City
    Driv3r

for the PS2, how much would gamestop/xtravision pay for these(trade in)

Advertisement