Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA in the shops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sweet feck all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Sweet feck all tbh.

:rolleyes: Thanks that really helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

have it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I have
    GTA: San Andreas
    GTA: Vice City
    Driv3r

for the PS2, how much would gamestop/xtravision pay for these(trade in)

ok then, I'll elaborate on Kirby's behalf.
    Driv3r is out a fair while and was a let down for people and so was traded in a lot, this means you would be extremely lucky to get more than 10 for it, infact 5 would be a lot. When SA came out, everyone decided to trade in VC. Couple that with the age of the game (a year and a half I think), and again you'd be pushing 5 tops. SA, you could get an alright price for it, but I doubt it. Where I work we have literally 30 copies preowned and have been told to give no more than 1 euro for it. Keep in mind that you wont be the only one trading in your PS2 version in the hope of getting the xb one, so don't expect people to be too generous.
    There is a chance that xtravision will offer more, I don't work there so I don't know, but I would expect you'd get no more than 10 for the three of them, 20 would be a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KdjaC wrote:
    2400Xp
    1.5Gb
    9800Xt

Runs it super toasty at 1280*960 everything on Very High.
    sweet. should run nicely at 1024x768 on my 9600 pro :)
    hopefully it comes in the post on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I got it for xbox and pc :D because ps2 sucks ass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I got it for xbox and pc :D because ps2 sucks ass

carefull now, the league of anti-fanboys will be knocking on your door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye. you might want to rephrase that to "the ps2 version sucks gay ass with its homo framerate, clipping and crappy textures"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

So, back on topic,

Has anyone found this in the shops today? I am still deciding between either PC or xbox versions...so anyone sees either one, let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is it available in the shops today ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Play.com are actually selling it now - maybe other shops are too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just rang extravision in finglas, they don't even have it in store yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Just rang extravision in finglas, they don't even have it in store yet :rolleyes:

crap. i was looking forward to playing it after work.

tbh, xtravision finglas has THE most incompetent ignorant manager in the world, so he could have been blatently lying to you(i hope)!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

got a mail form play on tuesday announcing that gat:sa had been shipped. Cant wait for the bionic postman modification program to kick in so parcels will arrive faster.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

they probably just told you that so you wouldn't try and pester then into giving you a copy early. Most shops get deliveries of new releases on wednsdays, If they don't have it by now, they won't have it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I want it now :(

flogen wrote:
    they probably just told you that so you wouldn't try and pester then into giving you a copy early.
    Well that's the whole point really, if they're openly selling them a day before official release (as another poster suggested) then I don't see why they'd lie about it over the phone.
    What I got from the phonecall is that they probably wouldn't break the release date even if they had it... something to the effect of "we may get it at some stage today, but it's not being released today".

It doesn't really matter at this stage anyway, the long awaited 10th of june is a mere day away... I've waited months already, what's another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, what's another day?

*twitches and scratches arm compulsively*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

KdjaC wrote:
    Actually according to all reviews its the best game ever.

I would agree with that simply amazing game.

kdjac
    well, then we'll agree to disagree. It was a bit harsh calling it substandard, but i own it and ive completed it and i didnt really enjoy it!
    and Tusky, no need for personal attacks! :(

Your signature does ming, though.

• Advertisement

not a chance, Blind Guardian own your soul!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

seriously could you drop that sig....it violates all sorts of rules.

I'll wander along to Dawson st tomorrow and get me grubby paws on SA.....can't wait.

there, ya big meanies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Pc or xbox? Oh the dilema!

Seriously I need opinions, PC or xbox?

Pc for the user mods that will eventually come out, plus the customisation options.

Wish I wasn't working tomorrow! Will have to leg it into gamestop in the evening after work - any idea what time they close at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I wandered into Extravision yesterday to see when they will have GTA SA for PC. She kinda went ' Grand Theft Auto??' (as if saying to herself, didnt we release that ages ago for the PS2). So id say she was fairly clueless of it being released on the PC.
    Then she kinda himmmed and hawed for a bit and said '3 weeks'. I said to her that its being released tomorrow everywhere else (in other words 'ur lying)' so u'll probably loose 3 weeks worth of sales. Id say it went in one ear and out the other tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

san-andreas2.jpg
    Gonna wait till Saturday. Won't get to play it till then, so there's no point in DL'ing it before then, so me's going to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Bought it this evening and it's installing right now. This better be the best GTA ever...

• Advertisement

qwertz wrote:
    Bought it this evening and it's installing right now. This better be the best GTA ever...
    Where?!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN - WHERE

:eek:

Advertisement