Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA in the shops

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

qwertz wrote:
    Dun Laoghaire.
    roffel
    You're either evil and toying with me... or you're missing the point of this thread in a really big way. :confused:

Evil yes, toying no. And it's NOT the crappy Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire!

So how come you're not playing it now?
    a). You lie.
    b). It's not better than posting on boards.

And how come you don't just say where you bought it?
    a). You lie.
    b). You work there and slipped it out.
    c). You know someone who works there and they let you buy it early.

Software City in the Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre, formerly known as Dun Laoghaire Computers, 2806782. Top floor, opposite of the bookshop, next to the model shop. Middleaged guy with glasses is the owner or manager. I think he already left for the evening. You are welcome to meet me in Monkstown if you want proof :)

And the reason why I am not playing it at the moment is because I came home half an hour ago, unpacked the groceries, put away some laundry, went to the toilet and GTA installation is just finished now. Any more questions?

• Advertisement

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

Unfortunately Dun Laoghaire is too far out for me, and I've absolutely no idea where monkstown is. :confused:
    It's after 6pm, but I suppose there's still late night shopping in town.
    So any other sightings?

Well, earlier today I called Gamestop and asked if they are selling it? Guy said no so I told them that Game are selling it already. Then he said he has to call his boss and I should call him again in 30 minutes. I did the same thing with Game :) Give them a try, they are close(ish) to each other anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Right, I've decided. Pc version it is. I'll rent the xbox one for co-op.

At this stage I'll wait til tomorrow. I'll be able to get it in town at 8.30-9.00 tomorrow morning. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

dammit, i went into xtravision finglas, the girl said they have it, but the bitch wouldnt sell it to me till tomorrow :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I wasn't going to get it, because I have it on ps2 already, but I never play the damn thing because my ps2 isn't set up and I hate the damn controller (oh, and the game is choked like Wayne Brady's bítch on that machine).
    Now, I've decided that if my pay comes out around 30 more than I expected, I'll get it. If not, I'll probably have to get it anyway because I built it up so much in my head.
    I wish I could have gotten the PC version just for the huge mod community that's out there, but alas my PC would cry tears of failure if I put the disc anywhere close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

HMV and Game in blanch were both selling yesterday at 6. HMV had it for €55 but game had it for €45, so shop around people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Loobz wrote:
    I wandered into Extravision yesterday to see when they will have GTA SA for PC. She kinda went ' Grand Theft Auto??' (as if saying to herself, didnt we release that ages ago for the PS2). So id say she was fairly clueless of it being released on the PC.
    Then she kinda himmmed and hawed for a bit and said '3 weeks'. I said to her that its being released tomorrow everywhere else (in other words 'ur lying)' so u'll probably loose 3 weeks worth of sales. Id say it went in one ear and out the other tbh.

I was in an xtravision at the weekend and was told it should be out for christmas. hopefully.

My fingers have been crossed ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

You get a fantastic hard back book with the game and the usual double-sided poster/map. Great value.

Don't do what I did and panic that they left out the DVD - it's in the back page of the book!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Elessar wrote:
    Right, I've decided. Pc version it is. I'll rent the xbox one for co-op.

At this stage I'll wait til tomorrow. I'll be able to get it in town at 8.30-9.00 tomorrow morning. Excellent.
    so the xbox one will have co-op? i thought it was partly co-op for a few mini games? im divided between getting it on pc or xbox

Advertisement