Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gayland - unknown territory?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok obviously I've met gay men, since I'm just out of relationship but since breaking up I'm confronted with this unknown territory and I don't know where to start.

So there's the front lounge, which I love, it's a classy pub, but its also huge, you'd get lost in there on your lonesome, I've had some great nites in there... all with a crowd though! So I turned to some of the clubs listed on the gay websites, such as Gswim or Out and About hiking, but alas after a number of emails no response... so I ask am I thrown back to the excellent but uncertain world of the net, which was at one stage many years ago my only source of even chatting to gay guys...

Has the gay community become any less hidden in the last 10 years? I thought so, but now I'm not so sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

How about Queer Beers on Friday. Could be a good start! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As far as I know gswim and out and about welcome people to just turn up on the day/night, did you not get a reply from your mails at all?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm thinking of popping along to the G-swim some night myself. They meet at 8:45 outside the Townsend Street swimming pool every Wednesday night as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok obviously I've met gay men, since I'm just out of relationship but since breaking up I'm confronted with this unknown territory and I don't know where to start.

So there's the front lounge, which I love, it's a classy pub, but its also huge, you'd get lost in there on your lonesome, I've had some great nites in there... all with a crowd though! So I turned to some of the clubs listed on the gay websites, such as Gswim or Out and About hiking, but alas after a number of emails no response... so I ask am I thrown back to the excellent but uncertain world of the net, which was at one stage many years ago my only source of even chatting to gay guys...

Has the gay community become any less hidden in the last 10 years? I thought so, but now I'm not so sure
    Well if you went with a crowd... what happened to that crowd? could you not contact some of them?

Personally when I moved out into the big bad gay world I used gaydar and the like to get to know people... with mixed results!

Advertisement