Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1 (o)

Options
  • 08-06-2005 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any stories or letters typed up for some last minute ideas, something along the lines of an accident/summer job/holiday, you know the usual.

Thanks, also phrases might be useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Come on people hit me with a story or letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ok listen up.

Everyone doing ordinary should be doing either the conversation, letter or story. If you arnt your either well prepared,well smart or well retarded.

Every single year in the sotry part, there is a sotry that involves nightime and some sort of chase etc. You can create a core story that is the general jist and you change a few words, I have mine done ages.

Every single year there is an arguement. This is the easiest of the written. You basically need some core sentences, an opening phrases and closing phrases. Then you make the middle, off the top of my head.
    You want to go to spain and you have to ask your parents

(OPENING SENTECNES HELLO ETC)
    Mise: An bhfuil cead agam go dti an Spainn?
    Dad : Cathain?
    Mise: 4u de Mean Fomhair
    Dad : Tu fein agus ce?
    Mise : Mise agus mo chairde
    Dad : Nil
    Mise : Cen fath?
    Dad: Mar ta tu og
    Mise : Nil me og!
    Dad : Shea, ta tu

(ARGUEMENTITIVE SENTENCES)
    (cLOSING SENTENCES)

Again i have mine worked out. If you think of an arguement with you parents, you rarely spout out mad long lines, its short and althought my lines seem chldish youll get an A. But then i have my opening,closing etc worked out ages.

I'm going to be sticking to letter and story, hopefully i'll work something out tonight, im sorted for maths so its irish from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ok listen up.

Everyone doing ordinary should be doing either the conversation, letter or story. If you arnt your either well prepared,well smart or well retarded.

Every single year in the sotry part, there is a sotry that involves nightime and some sort of chase etc. You can create a core story that is the general jist and you change a few words, I have mine done ages.

Every single year there is an arguement. This is the easiest of the written. You basically need some core sentences, an opening phrases and closing phrases. Then you make the middle, off the top of my head.
    You want to go to spain and you have to ask your parents

(OPENING SENTECNES HELLO ETC)
    Mise: An bhfuil cead agam go dti an Spainn?
    Dad : Cathain?
    Mise: 4u de Mean Fomhair
    Dad : Tu fein agus ce?
    Mise : Mise agus mo chairde
    Dad : Nil
    Mise : Cen fath?
    Dad: Mar ta tu og
    Mise : Nil me og!
    Dad : Shea, ta tu

(ARGUEMENTITIVE SENTENCES)
    (cLOSING SENTENCES)

Again i have mine worked out. If you think of an arguement with you parents, you rarely spout out mad long lines, its short and althought my lines seem chldish youll get an A. But then i have my opening,closing etc worked out ages.

ye im doing the same as you but im wonderin how long does the comhra have to be?

and how many pages does the story have to be to get a v good grade??

In (o) i'd say max. a page. I think they say something like half a page recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lauraoaktree

half a pge, that it???!! i just dropped from honours and its soooooooooo much easier. wots wrong with doing the essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lol... I wound up writing more in the exam for the story and essay to waste time. Think one of them ended up being 2 pages, and the other one a page and a half.
    Got an A2 in the end too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

half a pge, that it???!! i just dropped from honours and its soooooooooo much easier. wots wrong with doing the essay?

I know the feeling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

im the same!

Time for bed, about 2 hours earlier than last night so im happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

This was fun. I did the comhrá, letter and (just for fun) wrote a crazy story about how i went to a party and was on drugs and wrote about all the mad **** i was seeing. ended up homeless but didnt care because i had a great night. Might give the examiner a laugh anyway!

What the hell was up with that letter, the last bit of the first sentence made no sense to me so i just wrote out any old story (admittedly the worst story i have EVER written) and the letter was nearly as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What the hell was up with that letter, the last bit of the first sentence made no sense to me so i just wrote out any old story (admittedly the worst story i have EVER written) and the letter was nearly as bad.
    I'm the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

i think it ment something like write a letter to your friend in france telling them about your leaving cert!.. well thats what i did anyway! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lauraoaktree

ye it meant that ur friend and their family ahve moved to france. write a letter to them (as if the leaving cert is over)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i thought the letter to the editor was the better of the two to write as you have certain things like greetings and sign offs that will get you marks, whereas on a informal you have to go straight whack into the middle of the letter.

anyone else think the CD - can't call it tape now - was easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

i thought the tape was rotten really awful, everyone in my exam center thought the same. it was really rough. the paper was lovely though really pleased with it!!

Advertisement