Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what questions did u answer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I wrote everything you said there except lonliness..DAMN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Yeah, I wrote that it showed how the ordeal ended abrubtly, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

it was there to form a sonnet which is a love poem which shows his love affair with motorcycles
    God the rif raf we get here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

But that's not a sonnet's structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I got something completely differnent.
    The way i saw it, the boy found the motor bike and was tempted to ride it (ride it, ha ha funny, not) and since he was only fifteen it made the temptation even greater, but he overcame the temptation that was so high because he was at the experimental age of fifteen.

Made a lot of sense at the time...

Anyone else get that?

• Advertisement

On the Spainish add was i the only one not to notice the Marks on the feet of the people.

Don't feel bad, i was one of the only ones who spotted them in my school. I felt so proud at the time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Heh Hugh Hefner, my story had rape in it as well. Only it was just implied because I was afraid of them hating me...
    Picked the dry mouth thing, wrote a weird story about hallucinations and a girl being tied up in the boot of a car. Meh. It made no sense, was incredibly sappy at the end, but I am reasonably proud of the writing nonetheless.

I found the reading way easy! I mean, the one about comparing the Marines to My Little Pony camp was just such an easy question...

Did the article for Functional Writing, somehow rambled about the Egyptians for half a page, but I swear it was somehow relevant.

Media studies I found annoying. It was easy enough, but my god we could have done no media studies all year and been able to answer it. None of our stuff came up...

Paper two, I was pleasantly surprised. The drama and fiction studied questions we'd BOTH prepared and that was great. The poetry question was reasonably awful. NONE of the poems I'd learned fit either of the questions. Which was strange. I was so calm about the poetry, and then that happened.
    Well, I took my crazy World War 2 poem, twisted it horribly to try and make it fit a setting, then rambled incoherently for almost 2 pages about it.

The unseens were in general okay. Did The Shakespearean. I didn't even read the modern drama, tbh, since we'd never done one before and the Shakespeare looked pretty easy.

That stupid 'Fifteen' poem was GODDAMN annoying. It was pathetic. Although I did have some .. strange theories about what it meant, vaguely along those lines mentioned (although if I'd remembered the word 'lonely' it would have made my descriptions a lot more coherent) I didn't explain particularly well, and assumed they already understood my own interpretation of the poem.
    Oh well. It's over now.

Fiction was okay. It was easy enough to come up with reasons and explanations although I would personally have just put that down once I hit "five (fabulous) minutes". And come on, what's with the stupid title. 'The Love Bean'??

Heh Hugh Hefner, my story had rape in it as well. Only it was just implied because I was afraid of them hating me...
    Picked the dry mouth thing, wrote a weird story about hallucinations and a girl being tied up in the boot of a car. Meh. It made no sense, was incredibly sappy at the end, but I am reasonably proud of the writing nonetheless
    Yeah, I never actually said the word "rape". It was all just strongly implied. Imagine watching up to the ear cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs but watching no further and you've got the idea. Like, you know I was raped but there's roomo for interpretation.

Actually I still laugh about how I came up with it: I sat there and tried to think of a story to fit the line. I thought the line was quite violent and that's when this string ran through my head, "What would Tarantino do?!" And it bloody worked! I was actually imagining the whole story playing out in my head as a film. It was so cool! And I think it was very well written to. Too bad they burn the booklets. :(

Too bad they burn the booklets. :(

THEY BURN THE BOOKLETS?

But i wanna argue that i got more marks than i did! :mad:

Well they don't burn them for like a year.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I shed a silent tear for my story after I sealed the envelope. Of course it might just have been me crying from the taste of that gum. But I quite liked my story. Had some nice phrases I may have accidentally stolen from William Gibson but will just have to hope the examiner has not read any of his stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Strokesa wrote:
    At the end of the unseen poetry did the dude learn a lesson? Like he couldnt believe that the motorcyclist nearly died yet just got right back on? Or am I missing something???

I also interpreted the poem like this although looking back at it I think I may be wrong , but remeber its how you argue your view not what it is .

I did the 'my mouth was dry and my hearth was beating so fast I thought it would ?????? out of my chest'

I did mine about boxing , in the past violent stories havn't always worked well for me but they did include guns and this one doesn't , when I looked back at my story I think it was actually very well written and im farely happy with it .

Too bad I couln't have the same title as in the mocks 'I have a Dream' , thats just pratically giving you full marks .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

alanoc9 wrote:
    i wrote 24 pages for the 2 papers.

I don't mean to scare you but you will probably seriously piss off the examiner unless thats 24 pages of brilliance .

Oops. I almost filled both my answer booklets. With much ranting. Well, paper one wasn't too bad because a load of it was my story.

Advertisement