Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English - How was it for you

Options
  • 08-06-2005 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

(sorry for not posting this in cremos thread I did not see it)

Just back after doing both papers

My essay was great 6.5 pages i discuss it here

I did q. a on sect 1 wrote over a page for each question handy enough hard to do 20marks worth for last q. though i discussed violent imager/ appeal to sense of taste /smell

For sect b. I did the ist photo
    discusses
    shows emotion/love
    horrific nature of war as they are split up
    the humanness of soldiers (is that a word?)
    and how it poses the question, how can we let this happen.

Paper 2. was lovely

Loved the 1.st lit genre question kept being like It is important to consider..
    I will be discussing..
    etc.
    5 pages

hamlet I did q on weaknesses loved it but may not have discussed his strengths enough
    6.5 pages

Emily Dickinson - great that she came up but had to discuss a lot due to q. my impact
    language
    imagery
    her personality
    5.5 pages

The unseen was terrific the healing power/ inspiraton falling from the moon in the form of moon rain! 2 pages

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Bit over the top on the length of your essays there :o
    I did all the same as you, except for Boland instead of Dickinson.
    2 really decent papers, no complaints. 12 Pages P1, 13 Pages P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

wow, thats some nice work there, got less than a page on the unseen poetry, its just a moon after all.. looks like repeat for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In total I wrote over 35 pages.

Comp 1 Question B
    Comp 2 Question A
    Composing 7 a) Did it on the soldier and baby, people say im crazy for doing it but my short stories always get A's, I was advised to try get into authoring, but its mega points to study english etc so dropped it =)

Paper 2
    Hamlet i)
    Comparative General view, darkness thing
    W.B Yeats
    Unseen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

WTF 35?????????

I did...em... 17?

20 words a line though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

Am i the only one who had an a4 answer book or what? 35 pages is unbelievable, well done, say mine was under 10 defo...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

didnt do aswell as the doc but did 30 pages and was in serious pain...didnt help that the sun was beaming in on top of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The first paper was by far the easiest and will probably turn out to be the easiest exam of all of them (for me anyway), the second paper was a little harder but thank god Boland came up otherwise I would have been screwed, I was only able to answer on five poems though, dreading maths and irish tomorrow, irish won't be that bad but I may fail maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

It doesn't matter how many pages you did folks if it's rubbish. No offence meant or anything like but saying "I did x pages" does not equal "I got such and such a grade".

I definitely didn't do as well as I did in my mocks (92%)... I'd say it's somewhere around 85%.

We'll see in August folks - until then, it's OVER, onto Irish and maths :) this is battle one in a two week + war... keep going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

Paper 1: I did part A on the butcher one, I spent way too long on it, about 1 and a half hours! I'm happy with my answers though. I did the letter for B, that was okay, nice and quick. That left me with about 50 mins for the essay :(. I did the celebrity one...only two and a half pages, but I think it was okay.

Paper 2: I loved this paper!!! Everything I'd studied came up! The Wuthering Heights question on Heathcliff was the exact same as the one for the mocks, so I had that learned off. I did Boland because the question was nice and vague and I had that learned off as well. I'm really happy with those two. The General vision question was fine, I'm glad key moments didn't come up cos I hadn't learned it. I completely waffled on for two pages on the unseen poem question 2. Overall I'm reasonably happy with it all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i did almost an entire booklet in p2 (two pages left)
    exactly half a booklet for p1
    no idea how many pages that is tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement