Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 1 Section 2 HL

Options
  • 08-06-2005 4:56pm

I did number 1, and I did it about the Olympics.

What composition did you do? 47 votes

0% 0 votes
    10% 5 votes
    17% 8 votes
    8% 4 votes
    17% 8 votes
    14% 7 votes
    7 (a)
    0% 0 votes
    7 (b)
    31% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I did a really cheesey and cliched story based on the first picture of question 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Did one, did stuff on life in South africa and how it changed when i lived there, did about terrorism and war or terrorism, did on technology and science and its developments, and did it on decline of religion in todays life. Thought itwas a great essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

I did 7a but I did it more of a discussion of my life and how war has affected my life through the media and how that the images we see, we see every day. Does anyone think I have totally lossed out in this section because it wasnt really a story, more a story of my life.

I wonder if anyone did 7 (b). I mean, an essay about 2 houses? Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Hope came up a couple of years ago...did it as practice and it was the best essay Ive done.It was the last thing I read before I went in, HOPE for the future came up on question 4 MuHaHaHa oh and eliot came up, was a ****ty question but STILL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I did Q4, it went pretty damn terrible I ended up saying that Americans are stupid and so is Bush kinda thing... and I went totally off topic with no time to fix it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

4, how amazingly wonderful was that title, started out with that Who song "my generation" and about how everyone in the sixties wanted to change the world, the a quote from "Imagine", saying we should learn from Lennon's words
    Then talked about Make Poverty History and live 8 and the enviroment and the end of violence, and how we have to change the world and ****.............................. yaaaayy bye bye english!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

4, how amazingly wonderful was that title, started out with that Who song "my generation" and about how everyone in the sixties wanted to change the world, the a quote from "Imagine", saying we should learn from Lennon's words
    Then talked about Make Poverty History and live 8 and the enviroment and the end of violence, and how we have to change the world and ****.............................. yaaaayy bye bye english!!

Yeah good title but I really messed it up, yours sounds kinda good. I talked about 9/11, the Tsunami, pollution I didn't go into the area that you did, and the war on Iraq. I did mention that it would be good if these problems were resolved for the future generations and such.

I'm actually quite surprised that most people did 7 (a). I would have thought 1 and 4 would have been the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Did "celebrity culture has gone too far". Wasn't too bad me thinks. Waffled on about Reality TV and The god like apperance of celebrity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

Same as myself, gave those celebs a bashing. Knowing my luck probably get some celeb stalker correcting my paper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did 5, well happy with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

lol i did it, but it was eh...interesting to say the least!!....hard to tie them in but i couldnt write anything id prepared on any of the other ones...we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

*Angel* wrote:
    I did Q4, it went pretty damn terrible I ended up saying that Americans are stupid and so is Bush kinda thing... and I went totally off topic with no time to fix it. :mad:

sounds really like mine!! But i thought i did well in it, i talked about less violence, less poverty, famine, gun crime, house prices, world debt and all sorts!!....and i was bad mouth bush too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I did a real emotive piece about my grandad, and in the conclusion i threw in that they should give him the radio award. Not sure how marks will go, dont really care, it was a good piece of writing i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I did that one, wrote about a successful business man living in Spain who starts to remember bits about his Irish childhood. Turned out to be a real tear-jerker, was v proud of it!!Probably the best essay I've ever done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

I did 1. Just about terrorism and stuff like that. That it was ok, just hitting 5 pages!! My comparative was a MESS but the rest was ok!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

TimAy wrote:
    Did "celebrity culture has gone too far". Wasn't too bad me thinks. Waffled on about Reality TV and The god like apperance of celebrity

Me too!

But I said the dangers of it to celebs. Put in about Lennob.
    Also talked about Nike paying millions in advertising with celebs while paying very little to workers..

bla bla bla

BTW I love Yeats!!!

I did an essay about the effects of death, i.e. psychological, spiritual. Worked it into the picture of the boy being held by his dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i really didn't do much justice to myself with my essay. i usually get b1 in my essay but feel it might have dragged me down this time.

My essay was 7b basically about 2 lads from the small house, wanted to rob the raid the other house.

THey had a protection - racket but when their hi-ace stalled, they got caught. The guy who called the gardai was the guy who lived in the house. SO they decide to rob the house. 2 guys. One breaks his leg hopping the wall. the other gets shot by the owner. The owner then shoots the guy with the broken leg and goes on to kill himself because his family seen him and he realised what he did.

If u read the para above u will realise my essay was ****e. IT was ATTEMPTED humour. Obviously you can't judge my style from a summary. Lets just say it wasn't that funny. One of the guys was really fat and he was on the atkins diet, even though he was a gangster. His fatness was his downfall because ....... anyway it was ****.

felt i aced paper 2. it was soo nice. High B maybe A, paper 1 meh, high C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Deadlocked wrote:
    Me too!

But I said the dangers of it to celebs. Put in about Lennob.
    Also talked about Nike paying millions in advertising with celebs while paying very little to workers..

bla bla bla

BTW I love Yeats!!!

Me three!! I went on about how perverted voyeuristic etc. it was, how we are turning into monsters and we don't even realise....it was meant to be funny (something about buying Sting's apple core on Ebay for €200) stuff like that..... blah it's over

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Which one was the one about people's expectations of you? Went for that one anyway, seems like I'm the only person in the country that did though. As usual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i did 7a
    based on the picture of the guy with the baby in his arms
    i actually attempted a plan but as always i didnt stick to it, i never can, these ideas kept flyin into my head as i was writin,
    but yeah, i was really really happy with it, probably one of the best ive ever done,
    i was in bits after it though, it was sooo sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I did "... the hope that things will be better for the next generation."

And I did CRAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

Breezer wrote:
    Which one was the one about people's expectations of you? Went for that one anyway, seems like I'm the only person in the country that did though. As usual...

no ur not alone me n me friend did it 2:) (and i do have better grammer b4 one of yez says it but im restin me brain!)...................i can't remember what number it is either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

I did Number 1, and wrote about my reactions to the French and Dutch rejection of the EU Constitution. I was probably the only one in the country who wrote about that!

Does anyone else feel that they can only write essay on the day? That they develop under the pen? I do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Breezer wrote:
    No, my boyfriend did that one, so you're not alone!
    I did the celebrity culture one, I just can't remember which question it was so I can't answer the poll

Advertisement