Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent WW II Books?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone was selling any, following the other thread there.

Interested in one from a slightly German perspective, if you get what I mean.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Stalingrad or Berlin by Anthony Beevor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

tim3115 wrote:

If your after a book that gives a balanced view of wwII then you'll have a hard time finding it!

But good luck anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Haha,

Cheers anyways. I didin't mean balanced really, just a slightly German perspective of events :)

Ha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand, the only one I can think of is the "The Last Flight of the Luftwaffe" which describes the very end of the German airforce and their final battles against Allied Bombers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

tim3115 wrote:

"Crabwalk" by Gunther Grass is a good novel ( with a lot of historical detail) regarding the Wilhelm Gustloff cruise ship, which was torpedoed in the final days of the war.

Not sure if that is a sufficiently German perspective for you...

Ian Kershaw's two-volume biography of Hitler is good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement