Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Section 3B

Options
  • 08-06-2005 5:04pm

I did Boland.

What poetry question did you do? 32 votes

Eavan Boland
    0% 0 votes
    Emily Dickinson
    34% 11 votes
    T.S Elliot
    62% 20 votes
    W.B Yeats
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I did Dickinson. I know her & Boland pretty well, but I reckoned the Dickinson Q was easier to answer on.

I did Dickinson. I know her & Boland pretty well, but I reckoned the Dickinson Q was easier to answer on.

Really? I thought the Boland question was easier as it was really just a personal response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah, i did boland as i felt that the question was easier as it was just a personal opinion. i would have considered the yeats question but i didnt study him but it seemed pretty easy. again just another personal opinion

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Could have done Boland or Eliot, chose Boland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Did Boland. F*cked it up. Couldnt remember just blanked on it. I say 20-30 out of 50 at most, but the rest should bring my result up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Really? I thought the Boland question was easier as it was really just a personal response.
    I can't even remember what the Boland question was now
    :D
    um...I just remember thinking that in the Dickinson essay they basically told you what they wanted you to discuss (impact = language/images and personality), and I reckoned taking that as the basic essay plan and slotting my four poems around it was a better choice then the Boland Q.
    Anyway, I better get off this and start cramming for Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

Took about 15 minutes to cool down when i noticed Wordsworth wasnt on the paper :mad: , Ah well went with the lesbo in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeats, it was either him or Dickinson off the paper, I preferred him so I chose him, besides so many people did the female poets, I thought why not be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I was cetainly different-i managed to make a mess of it! DAMN IT!!!!!!

well pissed off bout that one, wanted to do well on Boland. Couldnt remember my quotes and from there it kinda just fell apart. Ended up discussing like 5 or 6 poems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did Yeats, surprising myself! Found the question alot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Dicko all the way!

I made a stupid mistake which i kinda did on purpose. You know the way you should never give the examiner a reason to deduct/not award marks? Well i want on ramble about how 2 particular poems are my favourite on the course and why (which is true) but at the end... I said i should probably know these poems better, exposing myself to a weakness which maybe the examiner hadnt realised fully? ah well **** the english leaving cert, im so glad its done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Eliot tbh. I always do the Eliot questions. It wasn't hard because I had a lot to say I suppose. It was great, I studied only 4 poets and ALL of them came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i did Dickonson

I based my answer on the personality and her imagery &language, but talked about her style and her themes as well
    was well proud of myself
    but my finger is all bruised from writin, for paper 2 I had jus 2 pages left in my booklet
    my hand was killin me

but yeah, chuffed with the paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I did Dickinson also - was really happy with the question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Yeats- very easy question and strangely enough i enjoyed doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

All my peots came up:)
    teacher not as bad as i thought!
    went with boland tho - felt the quesion was the easiest!
    Happy :D
    now irish :eek:

Advertisement