Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dickinson you BABE!

Options
  • 08-06-2005 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

YEAH! Is all I can say. Did I kick her ass orwa!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

And there was me thinking someone had taken a liking to Bruce Dickinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

i wrote an animal essay on dickinson. Thank god she came up, Only poet i studied thoese people who did 6 alli can say is ha.

And there was me thinking someone had taken a liking to Bruce Dickinson.
    THE Bruce Dickonson?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MACCER

I could argue with you on that one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Johnerr wrote:
    i wrote an animal essay on dickinson. Thank god she came up, Only poet i studied thoese people who did 6 alli can say is ha.

haha i'll join u on that one. Thanks for the 'idiosyncratic genius' fishie and other points that i got down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

And not only did she come up...but the EXACT essay question I learned came up!talk about delight!! Also, what a perfect Silas Marner question!Let's just pray for sceimhlitheoireacht and an timpealleacht now!!

Oh my God. I nearly orgasmed myself (figuratively) when I saw Dickenson was there. And my Hamlet essay, which I had learned off, came up. And vision and viewpoint - perfect. Oh yes. Oh yes. UI can actually say that this is the first time ever, in the history of me doing endless christmas, summer and pre English exams that I felt totally confident that I didn't make any vital mistake. Oh yes. I'm so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

What about those of us that expected Wordsworth... i.e. Most my year at school! GODDAAMMMM that English teacher anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

decided to study four poets me, yeats, boland, dickinson, eliot. i felt good when i looked at the paper :) did yeats after

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

i would just like to take a moment to quote the thread title :
    "DICKINSON YOU BABE" that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Lol yep that's the spirit! I'm going to not read anymore or else i'll get depressed reading your brilliant aftermath analysis.

Oh and orgasming? You gotta get out more David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I do Ordinar level so I the only way I can relate to this topic is through this:
    Apparently I look like Emily Dickinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

She wasn't that bad-looking. In a prim, proper, servant-ish kinda way. Not my type though, sorry! If you looked like Sylvia Plath i'd go out with you though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

So come on, who else used the "idiosyncratic genius" thing that's been floating around?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So come on, who else used the "idiosyncratic genius" thing that's been floating around?!

I got an A1 in honors leaving last year, not once did I refer to anything remotely like that :rolleyes:

Dont let the bullshít get to you too much, the teachers layer too much hype and expectation over everything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Plath's hotter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Dickinson you babe.....

emily-dickinson-200x325.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sylvia_plath.jpg
    BATTLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

oh mama...... rarrgh

• Advertisement
Advertisement