Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Gone now Irish

Options
  • 08-06-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Thank God Enlish is out the way. Onto Irish. Anyone actually doing the sceal that can help me out with possible titles???? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have a premade sceal done.

Here is some mega tips for everyone.

Every single sceal, one of them happens at night. I have a base essay that i can fit in for every year. I just change a few words

Conversation : Every year there is an arguement, this is the easiest of all the written. Here is a quick example of a arguement.

An bhfuil cead me ag dul go dti an Spain?
    Cathain?
    Seachtain seo chugainn
    Tu fein agus ce?
    Me fein agus mo cairde
    Nil
    Cen fath?
    Mar ta tu og
    Nil me og

Think about it, every arguement you ever have its short lines, that is my made up lines, i have a core beginning and a core end.

I will bet anyone ere that tomorow in ordinary irish, a story comes up about night time something, and an arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

Sorry lad, was looking for a bit of help on the higher.... probably should have said that in the first post. Sorry!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

i heard these here in the predictions i think but these are on the aiste, i never look at anything else...
    timpeallacht
    drugai i spoirt
    an ghaeilge sa lá atá inniú ann

sorry thats all i got, im hoping for an coras oideachais though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

Hope you get it.... Our teacher is old and stuff so he does nothing but sceals, and it was too much effort to go doing it on my own. Thanks anyway. Best of luck in the rest of your exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

An bhfuil cead AGAM dul go dti an Spain?
    Cathain?
    AN seachtain seo chugainn
    Tu fein agus ce EILE?
    Me fein agus mo cairde
    Nil CEAD AGAT
    Cen fath?
    Mar ta tu RÓ-og
    Nil me RÓ-og
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's such a shame that the Irish Government is still wasting their time and our time on a Language that is dead and pretty useless to those who are studying it. My god, an extra science subject or even another foreign language to add to the curriculum would have been a lot more beneficial to us when leaving school. I'm left now over ten yrs and the Irish I learned was useless, and I never ever needed it. I'm still fairly patriotic and do love Eire, but it's the 21st century, can't we move on and study something that we can actually apply to the big bad world!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

Did anyone else hear that something on road safety could come up for the (H) Irish essay? It seems a bit too specific to me...but then again, they did ask that question about neutrality last year! If anyone has any vocab or phrases for road safety it would be greatly appreciated because I haven't learnt it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Come on "Riail 42" or "An Cumann Luthchleas Gael" or SOMETHING to do with the GAA at least. Failing that An Timpeallacht would do nicely. Sceimhlitheoireacht either but it pretty much came up last year ("Bagairt agus baol sa lá atá innu ann" or something).

Anyway as regards the scéal just know your seanfhocla and you'll be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

ooooooooh
    does anyone out there have anything on drugai in sport?!?!??!?
    freakin out!! please please please
    i promise to hunt down the crazy frog and beat him with a stick for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 UncleFester

Shyster wrote:
    i heard these here in the predictions i think but these are on the aiste, i never look at anything else...
    timpeallacht
    drugai i spoirt
    an ghaeilge sa lá atá inniú ann

sorry thats all i got, im hoping for an coras oideachais though!

im with u aiste all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    also hopin 4timpeallacht, an gaeilge sa lá atá innú ann, an coras oideachas ar maybe problems 4teenagers!
    particularly environment or the irish one tho ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

Hey don't mock the irish language just because you don't speak it!!!! Some people in Ireland actually speak the language and like the language. Ná bí ag maslú ár dteanga náisiúnta ba cheart go mbeidh bród agat as agus ba cheart go gcuireadh tú iarracht isteach chun é a fhoghlaim, beidh an lá ann nuair a bheas an teanga ag teatáil uait do deontas nó fiú post amach anseo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

the papers were set in october and november so topics like rial42 sa cumann luthchleas gael will probably not come up!! Look out for something on the Cluichí Olimpeacha or spóirt or something like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Groovychick, who are you referring to when you say "don't mock the Irish language".??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Hey don't mock the irish language just because you don't speak it!!!! Some people in Ireland actually speak the language and like the language. Ná bí ag maslú ár dteanga náisiúnta ba cheart go mbeidh bród agat as agus ba cheart go gcuireadh tú iarracht isteach chun é a fhoghlaim, beidh an lá ann nuair a bheas an teanga ag teatáil uait do deontas nó fiú post amach anseo!!!!

Taibhsitear domsa (ooooh!) nach bhfuil sé ach ag lorg aighneas a chruthu, ná bac a ghroovychick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

More than likely problems of youth or Ireland will come up - it always does in some way or another!!

Advertisement