Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tournament

Options
  • 08-06-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

About to play in my first tourney as a member of a golf club tomorrow anyone got any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

don't even think about it its only a game.

In terms of rules, if you are not 100% sure - just ask somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think its that " im just gna enjoy it" that produces the average 15-17 handicapp golfer that never wins anything cause he is just "playing for fun". Yes your first tournament enjoy it have fun, but dont get into that habbit.

In golf the best win you can have is beating yourself, AKA GETTING CUT. I love getting cut.Every round I go for it, and I go serious and hard at it. Between the 11th-13th you know if you will or wont be cut, if you are keep going, if your not use the last 4-5 holes as practice and try a few things out.

I have lost count of people i have played with that have been shooting winning scores, then drop away cause they are jsut having fun. Golf is only fun when your winning and playing well. I've never seen a guy playing **** golf and smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

give every shot your best
    but dont forget to laugh at your worst

good luck

Advertisement