Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Warning Re: Bf2 Demo*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think Darth *might* just know what he is talking about. Trust me on that.

P.S. I'll ban j00 Zyox for being too sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

freekhead wrote:
    a superserver is a box that you own no other clan have the use of it

That, my happy cool friend, is just called a private server - whether it be a rented box, some cpu time and bandwidth on some box or a colo'd box in a rack somewhere.

As for "Contention...on a backbone"....stop being a tosser.

You will still have contention (of a sort) in most setups, it just might not be as noticable as sod-all people are going to use their full bandwidth capacity 24/7.

Fair play on financing such a decent-sounding hosting setup through donations etc., there aren't a whole lot of non-Mainland Europe clans who can manage that without selling their soul to a corporate entity - but for the love of Jeff stop talking bollocks smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

OT: I *might* be able to sort out an Irish http mirror of the demo when I get my hands on it. Will have to talk to a few people first, and it'll probably only be up for a week or two at the most.

I'll post on this or another relevent thread when I have some more info.

Advertisement