Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help connecting to wired network

• 08-06-2005 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

OK, i have a four port wired router. It has two PC's wired to it which have been able to share file and printers etc. fine. I have added a wireless access point added to this router and have no problem accessing the internet. But I can't manage to view other PC's in my workgorup. They all share the same workgroup name. The message i get when trying to view workgrouped computers is tha i don't have permission to use the network resource. I can ping the access point from the laptop but i can't ping it from either wired PC. Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Have u set share access on the folders on each PC u need to access.....to do this....http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307874

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

yes, i'm using Windows XP but the wireless access point is an Apple Airport Express. Does that have anything to do with it?? I am able to ping the wired router from the Laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

if the access point is giving an ip address to the laptop using dhcp maybe the wired clients are setup on a different ip range or not set automaticly get an ip address. also ping each wired pc from the other then ping either the access point or laptop to check. use ipconfig /all to see ip addresses on clients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

that would make sense alright. I am a total beginner when i comes to things like this. Thanks for help

Advertisement