Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long was you P1 essay?

Options
  • 08-06-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

mine was 3 and a half pages...i think it was full of everything required though!! :)

how many pages? 35 votes

more than 7??!!!!
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    5 1/2
    0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote
    4 1/2
    11% 4 votes
    22% 8 votes
    3 1/2
    14% 5 votes
    28% 10 votes
    less than 2
    20% 7 votes
    didnt do the essay??!?!?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I did a page for each of the section A questions, 5 pages for the section B and 5 pages for the composition. Ordinary Level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

mine was 3 and a half pages...i think it was full of everything required though!! :)
    same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

4 pages of my top quality writing. A masterpiece if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I cant remember i think it was 3 but it was top quality stuff. I mean it deserved an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

4 pages of my top quality writing. A masterpiece if I do say so myself.

Confidence is one the greatest things to bring into an examhall. Overconfidence can destroy you in an exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I wasn't that confident going in, but coming out I was quite proud of it ...

... that last sentence did not sound right at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Same here, didnt have a clue goin in, but coming out apart from my poetry i did deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

The essays on paper 1 were... awkward. I was delighted with everything else. The comprehensions were grand and Paper 2 was an absolute godsend - Yeats and Dickinson, not to mention the most general Hamlet question I've ever seen in my life.

But those essays... Oh well, won't worry too much, they seem to depend on the examiner's mood anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I honestly don't remember. All I know is that my paper one was twelve pages long in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I did a short story which i was advised not to do but i didnt like any of the other topics.

I did 5 pages roughly on one of the pictures. My story though... oh my god...

A boy escaping war torn el salvador becomes a pro poker player? It's best to right about something you know i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I wrote a short story about myself as a lifegaurd and these jetskiers tried to kill me and I got saved by some dude that failed his lifeguard test and I was saying how Ironic it was in the conclusion.
    I think I was falling asleep at the time so it seemed like a good idea. Now looking back on it it seems like a crap idea.

Advertisement