Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA: San Andreas 56kers beware.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Kazaanova wrote:
    I never fully enjoyed playing this on my PS2 because my PS2 always seemed like it was about to implode. And I had already had 3 PS2's break on me before that.

I've always loved the mods for GTA III and Vice City on the PC so I'll pick this up for PC if my PC can handle it.
    Im on my 3rd ps2 also
    and the one i have now keeps making a weird noise like a old car engine
    now its in the corner gaining dust
    gta sa was to much for the poor old thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Yeah my friend told me it broke his PS2 before I got mine, so I was a nervous wreck playing it. All the old girl would give me is one play right through the game, started it up again after a few weeks, and it freezes after a few minutes. Its weird because it works fine with all other games.

Heres the problem I have with my joypad, its excactly the same as a PS2 one, but it wont let me use the analog sticks and the directional buttons at the same time. Thats not too bad, but San Andreas wont let me map a button for two functions. For example I mapped the R2 and L2 buttons on it to switch through weapons, but it wont let me use them to zoom in and out too like it does on the PS2. The game only has On Foot and In Vehicle, it should have On Foot, In Vehicle, First Person Shooting etc. Guess I'll have to use the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

OK I ditched my joypad, only took 10 minutes to get used to the keyboard. It can still be awkward though, like when you have to tap a button to ride a bike. And I wish I knew how the game determined which buttons do what, like which buttons have to press to lift weights etc.

I havent played this on the PS2 in a while so I cant compare it. I'm getting virtually no loading times when entering houses etc. I remember on my PS2 it would take a good 10 seconds to preview each item of clothing, none of that here. Also the draw distance is amazing, you can see the skyscrapers in downtown Los Santos from really far away, gives the city a great atmosphere.

I cant believe it got such a low score on GameSpot. I mean theres nothing wrong with a solid 9, but why did it get higher ont he PS2? If anything it should get higher on the PC because of the graphics, which were bordering on bad on the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Going from PS2 pad to KB is annopying.

tip invert mouse :D

kdjac

Advertisement