Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

This post has been deleted.

You tell me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The formulae they give you for the area of a sector/length of an arc are in radians, which aren't on the Junior Cert course so you may not know them.

So... I drew a fancy little diagram explaining the normal ways to do them because it's easier than putting together weird symbols in text...

[IMG]http://www.iol.ie/~home/aqua/New Folder/jc.jpg[/IMG]

If you think about it it's just common sense, anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yup , which makes things very easy , of god this will be an easier A than CSPE :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Damn that was easy yet challenging in some places :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I really didnt think that was very easy. I ****ed up my coordinate geometry and statistics, which are the 2 i thought i knew best! The theorems i learnt came up though! But overall i think i probably did better in the 1st paper, and i thought at the time that it was terrible...oh well, tis over now YAY WERE FINISHED MATHS!!! ;)

I didnt do question 2(B) (ii)(iii)(iiii) so thats 15 marks lost but all the rest ive done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

erm i ****ed up coordinate geometry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I walked through PII, it was such a doddle.

• Advertisement

I wrote all my answers on the question booklet aswell as the Answer booklets so that when www.leavingcertsolutions.com put up the paper I can mark myself :D

For my leaving, i am just going to lock myself in my room and never go on the internet. I know i could have done well if i had actually studied... *sigh*

I wrote all my answers on the question booklet aswell as the Answer booklets so that when www.leavingcertsolutions.com put up the paper I can mark myself :D
    Snap! Yeah, i did too, but i wish i had done it for paper 1 too, cos i want to know what i got overall!

Sounds like me for sure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I found that paper the easiest so far! At first with the area of a segment I did the table book formula, but I messed that up so then I did the one that our teacher mentioned in passing, PFM's one, but I wasn't sure if I got the formula right and THEN I realised that 120/360 =1/3 so the area was 380/3. I'm an idiot.

Apart from that everything went great, answered everything, and from the looks of things correctly so (Possibly) full marks for me?

I think someones a bit over-confident :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Is that so wrong? I'm probably (Spl?) going to get a C after saying that though, if that helps.

Hell no! nothing wrong with being over-confident...keeps you happy until September :p

• Advertisement

I totally pwned that paper. I just feel really good about it. Answered everything, didn't really have doubts about any of them, it was just good, good good. Finished like an hour early as well.
    I spent a whole page proving that some angle was a right angle, though. I left early so I don't have the paper, unfortunately enough. Don't know what question that one was. Co-ordinate geometry anyway. Might get the paper tomorrow.

Yay, the theorems I knew came up. I was hoping Pythagoras wouldn't come up. And the flow of liquid thing also didn't come up, so yay for that.

I think geometry has now replaced algebra for my favourite part of maths...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Walking out of it I felt brilliant only being unsure of one question (the tree one), I thought everything else was perfect. Then I was going over one of the questions with a friend (stupid thing to do..), hit Sin 90, some .xxxx answer came up, rads baby! Probably had it on for paper1, too. Extremely stupid I know, but things only seem stupid not to realise after the exam. Hopefully the examiner will see what happened and I can still get a nice B, the A is probably out the window though.

My only consolation was how funny it must look to the examiner when he/she sees "sin 90/a" ".020302203060421235/a" lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I did ordinary and comepletely messed up Q5. I could remember of it, just couldn't put it into practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

well it wasn't the worst paper 2. In fact as far as they go it was pretty nice and fairly easy...except that goddamn question 4! Argh! I could only really answer 2 parts of it and they were the five markers. :-( The stupid area thing! How were you suposse to find an angle C when you weren't given ANY angle to work with?! Well there goes my A but hopefully I'll get a B...

How were you suposse to find an angle C when you weren't given ANY angle to work with?!
    You didn't need to find out angle C. The two triangles have the same angles, so when you've got half ab sin C for one triangle over half ab sin C for the other, you just cross off the sin C bit.
    That had me stumped for ages, but then I realised about the similar triangle thing. It was nice of them to give that hint though, although I worked out the area fraction a slightly different way also...

Im Praying for a B..damn it would be sooo great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

If you're talking about the 1 with the equiangular triangles, you didn't need to know any angles, you can still get the area by doin half the base x perpendicular height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pascal Du Carte

Shower of bowzies maths is simple salad, dust! THe jc is thome boys pure soft what are on about it's hard like. Maths is pure easy all ye bowzies das a fact :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

I ****ed up Paper 2 badly - there's my A gone out the window. I made a lot of stupid mistakes and plain forgot most stuff; the only thing I'm really sure I got right was the theorems and construction ... still, it's over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

Shower of bowzies maths is simple salad, dust! THe jc is thome boys pure soft what are on about it's hard like. Maths is pure easy all ye bowzies das a fact :cool:

Pascal, you enlighten me in mystical ways i thought were only possible in Tapey... :eek:

The maths paper this year was much harder than other years.

Advertisement