Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Irish Paper 1 (higher) information in here please!!

• 08-06-2005 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

To make things easier for those of us that don't feel like trawling through countless threads, could anyone that has any useful pieces of information post them in here please.
    Anything useful - post it here. As long as it relates to Irish Higher Paper 1.

Damien.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Start and end your aiste with a seanfhocal - they seem to like that.

80% of the marks are going for your standard of Irish (20% for your throughts and ideas) and according to the marking scheme they want to see "saibhreas stór gaeilge" (rich vocabulary) and "máistreacht cruinnúsáide ar na príomhghnéithe de cheart na gaeilge" (good grammar).

So basically vary the words you use to describe things, it doesn't matter if you repeat yourself a bit, make sure to use a variety of tenses (aimsir láithreach/ghnáthláithreach, chaite, fháistineach, ghnáthchaite, modh coinníollach and if you can manage it modh foshuiteach). Try to get what you say to fit your grammar rather than the other way round (opposite to how you'd probably do it in an English essay) cause that's how the marking scheme works.

Know your tuiseal ginideach, they like it when you get it right. A very detailed guide to it (and just about every other aspect of grammar) can be found at http://nualeargais.ie/gnag/gram.htm. You'll probably need to water this down at this stage, it lists every exception known to mankind and as you probably know there's a LOT of them. Plus there's a HELL of a lot or references to German which are probably great if you speak it (I don't).

And a good list of seanfhocla can be found at http://www.daltai.com

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

I wish I figured this out earlier that you could do this now i have to write 2 short storys and learn them off in this little time left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 yh

Any tips for Paper 2 ???

Advertisement