Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions about irish(o)

Options
  • 08-06-2005 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

ok i know there is threads already but i just wanted to get some things straight!

my questions for P1 are;

1) how long does the essay in sec.a have to be and what are the most likely topics to write about?

2) how long does the comhra have to be?i mean how many lines?

my questions for P2;

3) how long does the account of the stories have to be?

4) any tips on poetry?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Im looking for the same. Dropped down to ordinary there lately but had to stay in the higher class... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=678

Scéal

* You are expected to write about half a page (20 lines).
    * Expect to spend about 30-35 minutes on this section.
    * You will be given the opening line of a story and have to complete the story.
    * You are given the choice of two opening lines, do one.
    * This will always be written in the past tense (An Aimsir Chaite).
    * You should have the vocabulary prepared for an account of an accident, a fire or some sort of adventure.
    * Learn phrases to do with the weather, phrases and adjectives to describe fear, tension, surprise or delight.
    Sample story: Ceap scéal (leathleathanach no mar sin) a mbeidh an sliocht seo a leanas oiriúnach mar thús leis.

Litir

* You are expected to write about half a page (20 lines).
    * Expect to spend about 30-35 minutes on this section.
    * You are given the choice of a formal letter (very often a letter of complaint) and an informal letter, do one.
    * It is very important to have the correct layout for the letter - you must have an address, a suitable opening and signing off.
    * The formal letter is more restrictive whereas the informal letter gives you more scope to talk about an accident or a topic you have prepared in advance.

Sample letter: Tá post samhraidfh agat. Is maith leat an obair agus an áit ina bhfuil tu ag obair. Scríóbh an litir (leathleathanach nó mar sin) a chuirfeá chuig cara leat faoi sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

And with the 2nd paper, i mean its only worth about 5% for each question, about 20% of your overall marks so dont overdo yourself tomorrow night, its not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Thanks a million - Much appreciated!
    I doubt i'd have the energy to do much tomorrow night anyway :D

Advertisement