Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP says theres not enough room

• 08-06-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I don't get it. When I print, it does so no bother but a small pop-up says that there is not enough room on my hard drive, and I should delete some old fies. And for n Ejay disc, I can't click on Full OR Minimal Installation, OR Quickstart, as there is not enough room on myhard drive...

...surely 68GB is enough free space??? What is XP doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Have you got quotas activated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is your hard drive split into two partitions?
    could be that you're out of space on the c: drive and have loads left over on the d: drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

dunno if you have the same error but I was getting a similiar error when I printed - "Insufficient disk space in the current directory to spool print file please select another directory".
    I also had plenty of space on the hard drive. Wouldn't print no matter what other directory I selected, but Printer worked fine with an Administrator account, so I assume the user account I was using didnt have rights to access the spooler directory/files.
    Could have tried to move the spooler directory/files to another directory or drive, but I just turned off spooling in the printer settings (right click printer, Advanced tab, unselected 'Spool print documents tab' and selected 'Print directly to the printer' tab instead) and I could then print ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

seamus wrote:
    Have you got quotas activated?

No.

tman wrote:
    is your hard drive split into two partitions?
    could be that you're out of space on the c: drive and have loads left over on the d: drive...

No. my c: drive is on a RAID 0, and my other hard drive (f:) is seperate altogether.

• Advertisement

rok wrote:
    dunno if you have the same error but I was getting a similiar error when I printed - "Insufficient disk space in the current directory to spool print file please select another directory"......
    :)

I only have the one account, Administrator, on this pc, and there are no restrictions at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

have you loaded the RAID drivers?

Fcukin' XP... problem has gone now. Well, except for that printer pop-up, but its not affecting performance.

Macros42 wrote:
    have you loaded the RAID drivers?

Yeah, did that at the start. Had to, other wise XP cold not have found a mass storage device!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hey Seanie, what printer you got there?

The_Edge wrote:
    Hey Seanie, what printer you got there?

Brother HL-1230 mono laser... also have a Brother MFC-840 5-in-1, but I don't get any errors with that at all on XP.

• Advertisement

Yeap, go here. About halfway down the page.
    Looks to be an XP driver issue.

Thanks Edge, that seems to have worked!

Nice one!

Advertisement