Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate for a Samsung E800

• 08-06-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I really want to get a Samsung E800 or D500 but would prefer the E800 tbh...had a chat to one of the lads in Carphone Warehouse and was told that the E800 have been discontinued and that the D500 are only available to Meteor bill customers. At the moment I'm an O2 speakeasy customer and would prefer to stay that way. He said I could get the D500 sim free but it wouldnt work as its designed to do cos its been designed for the Meteor network :confused:

Anyway does anyone know what my best option would be? Would it be possible to buy a sim free E800 from Ebay and use with my O2 speakeasy sim? I've heard before that UK fones cant be used on Irish networks. I'm clueless about this kinda stuff so any info would be much appreciated :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

uk phones can be used on irish networks. You'll find most if not all recent phones are dual band and indeed alot these days are tri-band so they can be used practically all over the world. your best bet to get an E800 is to buy sim free and use your o2 sim in it.

As for a phone not working as it's designed to on any network, sounds like a load of crap. I've had a couple of phones on different networks that weren't approved for use on that network. That doesn't mean they won't work though. You may be missing one or two menu items but theyre generally stuff thats network specific anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

Thanks for the info Rymus ...really appreciate it!

Does anyone have any experience buying a phone from ebay? I've got a few small things from ebay before but nothing too expensive so I'm a little nervous about spending so much on a phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ebay is grand, I've bought a fair amount of expensive stuff on it aswell as loads of cheap stuff. However I'd be wary of buying a mobile on there as theres been a loads of scams related to mobile phone sales. Safest way to go is to the likes of expansys, mobilefun or the likes.

rymus wrote:
    ebay is grand, I've bought a fair amount of expensive stuff on it aswell as loads of cheap stuff. However I'd be wary of buying a mobile on there as theres been a loads of scams related to mobile phone sales. Safest way to go is to the likes of expansys, mobilefun or the likes.
    Agreed. I've heard of several people on ebay who get the money, send the phone, then a few weeks later report it to their operator as stolen. This gets the phone barred, rendering it useless.

I wouldn't get a mobile phone on ebay for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

all phones can be used on irish network the are sim free. i have a d500 and its perfect.it is not a meteor phone.
    also ebay is fine to buy from but there are loads of scammers on it so beaware.
    anyway good luck
    i would really recommend the d500 its amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

all phones can be used on irish network the are sim free. i have a d500 and its perfect.it is not a meteor phone.
    also ebay is fine to buy from but there are loads of scammers on it so beaware.
    anyway good luck
    i would really recommend the d500 its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

Thats great ...thanks for the replies! You've all been a great help!

Feckin man in Carphone Warehouse should be shot ...lol

Advertisement