Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol bb DNS error

• 08-06-2005 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

Over the past few days everytime i turn on Azureus it leaves me unable to connect to webpages, i have to reboot to connect to them again. Sometimes that doesnt work, same with restarting the modem...Anyone else getting this lately? I have DNS servers in that worked fine for ages, i remember on the upgrade i was getting similar problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

I get the same prob with Bitcomet and websites, I can use both initially but then later (no particular time limit) I can't access webpages anymore, have to do a reboot. Bitcomet still chuggin along, slower tho, thought it was IOL throllin my line, dunno really! While this post is obviously no help what so ever to you at least you know its just not you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I had similar problems while downloading using Azureus, I had to reboot. I am using ubuntu now and no such errors.
    IBB connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Yup same here, not so much lately but usually it happens, maybe your uploading speed is choking ya? Would be nice for someone with a bit more technically minded might suggest a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

I get the same prob with Bitcomet and websites, I can use both initially but then later (no particular time limit) I can't access webpages anymore, have to do a reboot. Bitcomet still chuggin along, slower tho, thought it was IOL throllin my line, dunno really! While this post is obviously no help what so ever to you at least you know its just not you.

This definitely sounds like a DNS Issue.
    Have you tried entering their settings into your Lan connection?

Primary DNS : 192.111.39.1
    Secondary : 192.111.39.4

Give it a shot TBH...

Advertisement