Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Rumor Its TRUE: Demo will be available tonight for GS subscribers

Options
  • 08-06-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

A rumor on
    http://xplayn.boomtown.net/forum/topic/9650
    :

"Denne fredag har mange gamere med action i blodet set frem til. her vil Electronic Arts sendere deres længe ventede Battlefield 2 demo på gaden og FPS-gamere kan derpå danne sig de første indtryk af hvad der er i vente, når spillet kommer i butikkerne sidst i denne måned. Dog har EA's udmeldinger skabt lidt forvirring. Det lader til, at GameSpot har fået forhandlet sig frem til en eksklusivperiode på ét døgn, hvor andre ikke må hoste demoen. Vi og mange andre er traditionelt imod den slags aftaler, og ville under normale omstædigheder boykotte Battlefield 2 demoen. Electronic Arts siger dog selv, at de ikke forventer at nogen vil overholde embargoen. En lidt spøjs udmelding, som de må se at få talt grundigt med GameSpot om. Vi afventer begivenhederne og vil naturligvis forsøge at kunne hoste demoen allerede på fredag."

(...)

Kilden er blevet bekræftet af Boomtown

(...)

Skrevet: 08 Jun 2005 15:22 Emne: Re: BF 2 Demo

update: Jeg har så fået det bekræftiget. Det er sandt at gamespot har den 24 timer før alle ekslusivt

Sidst rettet af @VIKINGdom den 08 Jun 2005 15:43, rettet 1 gang

TRANSLATION:

If you are the lucky owner of "gamespot complete account" you will be able to download bf2 demo by 24:01 (GMT+1, Denmark)

The demo will be out tonight for gamespot customers, and for everybody on friday - SO IT IS SAID

"Many gamers have waited for this friday with action in their blood and looking forward to. On this date EA will out their demo on the streets and the FPS-gamers will be able to create their first impressions of what will expect them, when the game will be in stores late this month. EA's announcements have though created a little confusion. It seams, that gamespot has negotiated itself to an exclusive period on one day (24hrs), where other [gaming sites] will not be able to legitimatelly host the demo. We and many others are traditionally against such deals, and woul boycott the demo under normal conditions. EA says, that they dont expect anyone to accept the embargo. A little weird announcement, which they should talk thoroughly with gamspot about. We will await the events and naturally we will try to be able to host the demo already friday.'

If you want the demo 24 hours before everyone else, but dont have an account, you will be able to buy one for [7 dollars] a month www.gamespot.com

---> The source has been confirmed by Boomtown <---"

(...)

"update: i have had it confirmed. It is true that gamespot will have the demo 24 hrs before everybody else exclusively.

chrisiton.badsted@boomtown.net

and please remember DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

pls excuse my bad translation... naturally i was in a hurry

Thanks to zcitso @ totalbf2.net
    http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=5054

P.S. please don't ban me !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The said rumours above have been proven false by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Its looking like Gamespot will have some exclusive access, however the demo is still looking good fro Tomorrow, Friday, the 10th of June.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There is a talk with some Gamespot higher arcy tonight.
    Hopefully he'll set us straight on the demo release.
    Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I hope man, sorry for the rumor btw, it looked so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If someone sends me the file, I'll host it for a few days. ;)

Pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What time is the demo out tomorrow?

No time given. Usually they are released around the evening time which is about morning/afternoon over at EA in L.A.

Hopefully we shall have a nice early release though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html
    Lock and load, soldier! Take aim at this highly anticipated demo for Battlefield 2, the sequel to the award-winning Battlefield franchise! The new game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with an all-new game engine, enhanced team play, and the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available.

The Battlefield 2 demo includes the Gulf of Oman single player map as well as the Gulf of Oman 16-player and 32-player maps. There will be a time limit for each game.

The Battlefield 2 demo will be coming soon.

POINTS OF INTEREST!!!!!!!!
    When the Battlefield 2 demo is released, it will make its world premiere on GameSpot, and will be initially available not only to GameSpot registered users, but also to unregistered visitors as well.

Seemingly 7pm EST which is midnight to us folk.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

you better be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Anything given as a date/time for bf2 demo has thus far just been roumer, all EA/gamespot have said is "very soon"...could mean anything.

• Advertisement

KdjaC, lol you better change back the thread title,

1. someone on IGN is reporting that the demo is currently being tested and it will probably be released early next week

2. computer and video games website(i think that's what it's called), reported that demo will be before August 15th, but no word on 10th

3. Gamespy, re-worded their advert about today's(12PM) interview will some EA dude, first it says "stay with us to blah blah blah" now it says something along "when demo is available"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry Praetorian ignore my pm, In my eagerness I didnt read the thread fully. Anyway we'll all just have to play the waiting game for now :(

Fecking hate ea they could just come out and say it will be out on which ever day they have planed but noooooo so instead we are forced to listen to rummor's.

its an impressive level of hype though

CyberGhost wrote:
    2. computer and video games website(i think that's what it's called), reported that demo will be before August 15th, but no word on 10th
    That 'update' is old, it was posted when they weren't aware what was in the demo...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yes, very impressive...it's keeping everyone at their machines into the small hours

http://dlx.gamespot.com/

"the moment you have been waiting for is almost here"

/me crosses fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nothing yet :-/

I just listened to ben smith's interview, there won't be a demo tonight, they said they will "try" over the weekend, but dunno, damn EA, this is not even a hype anymore, it's just funny BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

EA got pwn'd i dont know how many ppl were listing to ben from EA but when they hear'd there was no demo the nerds went 2 war, spaming that talk show , spaming EA hotlines any thing EA related got pwn'd and not forgeting gamestop for there sneaky tatices. Twas funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This had better not be a wet fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bf2demoservers4dj.jpg

4 servers up and running.

Thank god i out drinking for next 2 nights.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Is the demo released???? thought it was put back?????? me confused :confused:

It has yet to be released.

The rumour has it either Today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday). It is also reportedly to be released on Gamespot first. However it will be free download for all from the site with paid members obviously having the bonus of super-fat-fast speeds and no waiting time. It shall be up on public mirrors within an hour or so after that I'd say. Hopefully the n00bs wont go hammer the servers immediatly and give the chance for server admins to get some mirrors up first.

Its also reported to be about 600mb. Which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I may be able to provide a nice wee Irish mirror for ye.

I really hate ea and gamespot

Advertisement