Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Usb cable

• 08-06-2005 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

hi there,

this may be a silly one for some of ye but was wondering if usb cables have universal connections for digital cameras as i think i've lost the usb cable for my pentax?

thanks for any help..

oh yeah, looked for forum on cameras and didn't see any so apologies if this was unnecessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

I think they're pretty much universal, I left my MP3 player cable in a mates and used one from a camera till I got it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

cool thanks, anyone else?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

i leave a cable attached to every PC i use... works for them all - camera, mp3 player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I've a Canon Ixus 50 and a FujiFilm and they bout use different sized connectors so I have to use two different cables. Well actually I just use a card reader, much handier and saves the batteries.

yeah, you see i have sony mp3 player but it has a different connector to my pentax camera.

was just wondering if the connector for my camera isn't unique to pentax...

i'll just check if they have one in pc world or on the web..

thanks for the info :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kraggy wrote:
    yeah, you see i have sony mp3 player but it has a different connector to my pentax camera.

was just wondering if the connector for my camera isn't unique to pentax...

i'll just check if they have one in pc world or on the web..

thanks for the info :)

There are several types of USB connector, but you can get lucky sometimes :)

after all that i found the feckin thing.

good to have all the info for again though!

cheers

Advertisement