Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT problems and contract

• 08-06-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm fed up with these crowd of ****érs

Said I've a 1mb line, and I live next to an exhange, still only get speeds of 50kb max.

Gaming, my ping is 270 on a good day. Cant get into any good servers at all without being either kicked or refused entry for high ping

Wanted to inquire about terminating my contract with them in light of what is essentially a píss poor service that I'm paying for. They wouldnt really give me any details, just alot of juggling.

What can I do? Can I demand an end to the contract, considering the crap service Im getting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

for some reason i found that my pings and speed were excellent when i was on my 3month trial, but ever since i signed up for the home phone and bb+ service my pings are over 200 and speed has dropped, its like there saying now your with us for 12 months ha ha.
    I dont mind the slightly slower speed but the blasted pings really do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dreamz

Yup,

I've found BT good so far - but something very bad is afoot. I've noticed from 6pm - at least 11.30pm, very high pings - in the daytime, back to normal. (last 2/3 days) I don't think this is usage - it's like someone's thrown a switch and the (low) rate is constant.

Blast.

Seems we have to screenshot ping / ftp tests and send them in, lol - that's not really my problem, but seems I'll have to do it anyway...*skulks off*

d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah having pretty similar problems. Not all the time but I have had some hassle.

Never suffered from speed problems but pings occassionly have. To game servers most of the time I will get steady pings of 50 or so. However at times (all tonight for example) I get pings of 200+

Not often but it is a bítch when it happens. Dunno what is up lately. Thinking of ntl....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

dreamz wrote:
    Yup,

I've found BT good so far - but something very bad is afoot. I've noticed from 6pm - at least 11.30pm, very high pings - in the daytime, back to normal. (last 2/3 days) I don't think this is usage - it's like someone's thrown a switch and the (low) rate is constant.

Blast.

Seems we have to screenshot ping / ftp tests and send them in, lol - that's not really my problem, but seems I'll have to do it anyway...*skulks off*

d.

Its called contention. People come home from work, and go on the web, then goto bed. All between 6 and 12. Better speeds before they come home, and after they goto bed.

I'm on BB+ and its grand, rarely (if ever) do i get high pings. Only play for about 9-10 hrs a week tho. Get decent speeds, obviously the best from heanet and ms.com but generaly acceptable speeds from most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Jammer wrote:
    Its called contention. People come home from work, and go on the web, then goto bed. All between 6 and 12. Better speeds before they come home, and after they goto bed.

Sadly this is part of their T&C's :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

today the service has dropped on me 3 times even when my router says the service is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

My BB+ has been fluctuating wildly recently too, it was perfect before, why the change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its not contention, actually, seeing as Ive been using it for months now, and only in the last month or so since the apparent "upgrade" have i experienced this problem.

Basically, the guys on the phone just dont wanna know about it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As I speak I am getting 12kb, on various sites.

This is an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

If you want answers then ring them ffs.
    I hate when ppl complain but dont try doing anything.

Just tell them you have slow speeds and its unnaceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tech Pete wrote:
    If you want answers then ring them ffs.
    I hate when ppl complain but dont try doing anything.
    How do you know they didn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Hmm, ironically, Eircom seems to be the best DSL available ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im ESAT also. Im having strange downloading problems. Strange meaning I seem
    to be getting disconnected or i recieve quite a few lost packets during gaming.
    Trillain will no longer stay or even at this moment connect at all.

Maybe it will all go away is we concentrate hard enough....

P.S, Never spill cranberry juice on your keyboard. You will experience severe
    typing lag ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

ive been on the iol+ for a year and a half now

mostly good, download speeds are always fine, since i got 2mb ive been doubling and trippling the cap

the pings do go to 150+ from 7-12 some evenings, these high pings might stay for a week and then go away for a month, its random

i seem to be disconnected about once a day, no biggie, it reconnects within minutes. my first modem a dlink 504 was always disconnecting, so people with this problem should try a new modem just in case

i found ringing iol to be very irritating

Advertisement