Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiboarding

Options
  • 09-06-2005 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi All,
    Just wondering how many others out there have tried this sport??
    During the summer months I'm an inline skater and was told that this is very similar in movement and balance, so 2 years ago I gave it a shot and was hooked very quickly.
    A decent set of skiboards will allow you to manouver very quickly and nimbly on the pistes and in some off piste situations. Ok they're not great for deep snow, but they're such great fun it doesn't matter. By the end of the first week of using them I could ride and land fakie at will as well as 180, 360 and 540. Last year I took them to the snow park when I visited Val D'isere and used them on railings and the half pipe quite successfully.

Who says 26 is too old for this stuff - HA! I laugh in your face.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before we see this sport at the winter X games.

Has anyone else tried this??

Advertisement