Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studio Max 3d

• 14-01-2001 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    im intrested in gettin studio max and creating 3d pics. Mmmm i got a program called Bryce 2(free on mag) but i think it might be a bit limiting.
    So anyhew is there any shareware versions of it or earlier free versions around.
    Or if ya got to buy it with out trying it, where n how much.

Cheers,
    biggrin.gifGideon2000 biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Buying it will set you back alot, ebough to buy yourself another pc or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

or 4 or 5 for that matter.
    em, there are other ways. not that i can say here.
    Drop into #acid.ie on irc.

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Thanks for the info!
    Ill prob see ya on irc.

gideon2000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There's supposed to be a free cut-down version of MAX 4 available soon for people who wanted to model in-game characters, etc., "gMAX" I think the development name for it was. Otherwise you could get an er 'evaluation' copy of 3DS MAX, unless you can afford $4000 or so for the latest version...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I also hear that you can get a student discount price of around 2000

"Respect my Authoratai"

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Advertisement

$4g's eh hmmmmm sure thing.
    Muh wha wha waaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    smile.gif

lol ****.

gideon2000.jpg

Hey Havoc,

Ehhhhhh, whats the addie for the irish server? (mirc)
    I don't have mirc but friend does, and what nick do you usually use?

V. intrested in that program!

Cheers,

gideon2000.jpg

type /server irc.b0rk.co.uk
    then /join #acid.ie
    nick is the same smile.gif

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 21-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Oh ffs havok, stop acting like your the worlds most wanted drug dealer who is being observed, and must do everything by giving little clues to meet you in your cyber hideout, i.e. #acid.ie

Just post the link here, or mail it to him and pull that banana out of your hole.

Oh really?

What do u think mod's are for?
    It's been said b4 (music board) afiak, that boards moderators would have to delete any likes to pirate sites due to the fact they could be sued yadda yadda yadda.
    any link i post would be immediately deleted.

use ur head ffs

• Advertisement

WEll explain why your trying to obviously trying to supply this chap with an "illegal" copy on the boards.... Wouldn't it be a better idea for you to take it private via e-mail?

Thats what I call using your head, now the whole world(any anti pricary type ppl reading) knows you have an illegal copy of an expensive program...

use ur head ffs

Well, most ppl have to learn using cracked proggies, due to the fact to go off and buy all the proggies u'd need to get into to digital art would cost you over 10 grand.

I prefare Irc'n presonally cos its easy for 2 way communication, for giving tips and advise ect.

Any ways 3dsMax is the most used 3d program world wide because its so ez to crack.
    The companys that make money off it have to have registered versions to do so, it has actully been provin that the amount of piritating of the programe has upped the sales of it.
    Most ppl learn max, b4 moving on to the really advanced progies (softimage, Maya) which you cant learn @ home cos u need a Monster Graphics work station to run them smile.gif

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

FFS, leave the handbags at home lads

**** off Sico.

But I don't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Look boyz..
    If you continue this yumminess I WILL be forced to take you'z outside and give you a jolly good seeing to! ummm.. NYUMMY...

wink.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I know it's not exactly what you want.
    BUt there are various free 3d renderers out there.
    Blender is a free one http://www.blender.nl

Also POVray and Moray are a renderer modeller that are very popular.

It would at least get you started playign around with 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Max is expensive (cost me a packet) but you can get it for about $600 if you know somebody in America who is a student at collage. Huge discounts are given to encourae the packages popularity with budding animators.

Blender is difficult to use as its really a 3d engine for games. Merlin 3d is about the best in my humble opinion when it comes to freebies. Strata is ok too.

This months Computer Arts magazine has Esprit Vue 2, which is fairly nifty. Try to get something that is cross platform compatable. If you do a tree in Max for instance it is much quicker to render if you import the 3Ds file into Bryce baccuse of its vector based rendering.

Thanks for the info'
    Do you have any links for those programs.
    Merlin 3d,
    Strata,
    Blender.

I've only looked for Merlin 3d but can't find any free versions of it.
    Also i'd like the program thats as small as possible and thing over 20mb just takes too long to download with my crappy modem.

Cheers,
    Gideon.

Advertisement