Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bus lanes...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Also, there's a nice stretch road between Liffey Valley and Clondalkin, don't know the name of it(near Ronanstown, I think), and for a long time it wasn't in operation, until just recently. Have yet to see buses on it too.
    It's 24 hour but the turn to Balgaddy road is solid with cars in the evenings. So many cars that a lot of the time its faster to stay in the main lane and nip in at the end. Also it's about 200m from Neilstown garda station so they could make their quota there in about 20 minutes.

You can overtake on the left in SLOW moving traffic. But no definition of slow covers going at or anywhere near the speed LIMIT.

Also why do they bother with a two hour gap in the 7-7 bus lanes. I can't see the benefit in being able to use them between 10 and 12 outweighs the confusion this can cause and the temptation to park in them. A guy I know had a great suggestion for parking in bus lanes , massive bumpers on busses to push them out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

If only we could get slow buses out of them !
    Lets start a campaign to ban buses from bus lanes.
    Bus lanes................ giving you an extra 2 litres............ love em'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Humpty D

I love when your allowed to drive in Bus lanes in the allowed time, and other are sitting in normal driving lanes. Some people think your not allowed in bus lanes at all, anytime. Ha ha ha
    I know - it cracks me up every time I fly past those losers. Some people are even so dumb they 'beep' or 'flash' me for using the bus lane when it's permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also why do they bother with a two hour gap in the 7-7 bus lanes. I can't see the benefit in being able to use them between 10 and 12 outweighs the confusion this can cause and the temptation to park in them.
    10-12s are usually to allow for deliveries.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Victor wrote:
    10-12s are usually to allow for deliveries.
    Yeah that would kinda make sense. I see just too many delivery vans / artics during rush hour to have realised that there was an appropiate time for them. Lost track of the number of times I got into work later because a truck was reversing on to a building site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

There is only one thing that does annoy me about Buslanes though, the amount of passengerless Taxi's and Hackneys cruising along in them, as legal as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

RuggieBear wrote:
    lol...

well tbh i wasn't there so....i can't tell you exactly what happened but from what i gather the traffic had built up at the lights and were just getting moving on the green light and my mate was able to zip by them all as there was nobody in the bus lane and thus didn't have to slow down at traffic build up. There was a squad car in one oif the other lanes who were stuck in the traffic. He got done for overtaking on the left....

That's part of the ambiguous rule that you can only under take when the traffic in the right lane is slower than the left, but if it's how you describe it he shouldn't be done, as there was stationary traffic so he couldn't stop in the inside lane behind the cars in the outer lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Some bus lanes should not exist... take the N32 (i think) the one road from the M50 (north) to the clarehall junction. Both sides have a bus lane, not sure if there are any bus stops and i know i have never ONCE seen a bus on that road... EVER!!! I use it once or twice a week too :D

I know on the N11 the but up to foxrock church is open on sundays.. i was heading back towards dublin and as soon as i hit that part i went into the bus lane. I remember as i got to the turn in to get onto M50 road (leapordstown) someone indicated to merge in so i slowed and let him in.. he then beeped at me when he was in front of me and wagged his finger.. obviously sure i was breaking the law :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Saruman wrote:
    Some bus lanes should not exist... take the N32 (i think) the one road from the M50 (north) to the clarehall junction. Both sides have a bus lane, not sure if there are any bus stops and i know i have never ONCE seen a bus on that road... EVER!!! I use it once or twice a week too :D

That bus lane was put in place for the Aerdart now gone at the moment it seems to be only used by the occasional airlink and buses going to and from Harristown
    However it does not make much difference as it was a hard shoulder before and if the Bus lane was removed it would probably go back to a hard shoulder

Advertisement