Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Shooting Digest public row!

Options
  • 09-06-2005 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Has anyone read the current issue of the shooting digest? The correspondence pages have a four page public row between the ICPSA and the UCPSA over the ICPSA rubbishing some claims made by the UPCSA in relation to getting funding for some Olympic facilities in the north.

I have to say I thought it was all very unseemly and I think neither side comes out smelling of roses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It wasn't the only public row in the Digest this month either, though I have to say it was one that I didn't think was that bad till I read the letter. Sometimes, it's necessary to air these things - otherwise all people hear are rumour, gossip and speculation.

It was somewhat reassuring to know that it's not just the rifle side of the house that has it's problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TrapperJohn

I would think the problems on the rifle side are not as hectic. The NTSA seems to be a fairly coherent bunch of people, could never understand why they don't pack their bags are leave the SSAI as I think they have about as much in common with the rest of NRPAI as would GAA and the FAI that being the only common ground is they both kick a round ball!

The problems with the ICPSA/UCPSA seem to be a re-run of the grief that was evident at the latter end of the 90's, somehow it seems as though much more than cultural differences exist. Got a great laugh about Gerry Adams getting involved, standing up for the rights of shooters!! amidst allegations of discrimination and boycotts. I wonder should we ask Bertie and Tony Blair to get involved in brokering a peace deal?

Advertisement