Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rain forecast for WWE show in Dublin

• 09-06-2005 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

It had to happen it will more than likely be raining come Jun 18th. I went on weather.co.uk and went to the 10 day forcast Sat week night time is meant to have scattered shower so hopefully they miss RDS Arena in Dublin 4 . It would be embarresing for it to rain during the event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Another RDS thread. How imaginative :rolleyes:

How exactly would it be 'embarrassing'? We cant contraol the weather. Plus, you are looking at a 10 day forecast. They can barely get it right as to whats going to happen tomorrow, let alone 9 days time.

I hope you are wrong, I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I wouldn't pay the slightest bit of attention to the weather for the summer Bash event until the thursday or friday before-hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

First Cena leaves now more than likely itl rain, hahahaha!!!
    I hope stone cold gets drunk and misses his flight too, that'd be hilarious!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They have enough trouble getting the forecast right for the next day so I would nt worry just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Humpty D

I hope it rains. WWE (especially Smackdown) sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

WWE is the best humpty d it dosent suck u suck :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Humpty D wrote:
    I hope it rains. WWE (especially Smackdown) sucks.

You must be a smart guy with such productive comments like that. Do you have any other opinions you want to share with us? :cool:

dont encourage him.hes probably one of those people who says wrestling is crap cause it fake but I bet you that he used to watch it (plus he is someone who dosent like wwe so his opinions dont matter) :mad:

No, I love wrestling - I just don't like Sports Entertainment. And John Cena makes me puke - he can't work, he can't talk, he can't rap, he's a whore and his belt is an insult to the original design. WWE has ruined business for local Irish promotions by touring over here too frequently just because they can't draw as much in the US anymore.

ok ok sorry bout that its just u said u hoped it rained but wat about all those people dat bought tickets wat happens to them if it does rain how bad will u feel now that u have cursed the hole day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Humpty D wrote:
    WWE has ruined business for local Irish promotions by touring over here too frequently just because they can't draw as much in the US anymore.

Bullsh*t. The number one wrestling promotion in the world comes to these shores and you think it's bad for wrestling? it generates interest in wrestling and the WWE have been known to give Irish wrestlers an opportunity to wrestle. It gives Irish wrestlers a platform to show what they can do and if an Irish wrestler is signed to the WWE, it would be a huge boost to whatever Irish promotion the wrestler came from.

You're missing the point - a lot of families will have spent their 'wrestling' budget on bringing their kids to see WWE, and won't take their kids to see a local promotion if dates clash within a few weeks. WWE whore themselves out over here as much as possible, and rape the Irish wrestling audience for every penny they can squeeze. €45 for a t-shirt at the last Point Depot show (not to mention the extortionate price for a programme) - and terrible lazy comedy matches. They treat it like a paid holiday when they tour Ireland. Last time they were here, all John Cena was interested in doing was plugging the upcoming RDS show - about 10 times, instead of entertaining the fans who had ALREADY bought tickets for THAT show - "Hey, f*ck this show - let's just plug the next one". Pretending he actually gives a sh*t ("The Irish fans are the best. I was drinking Guinness earlier"). They even think Belfast is in the Republic - I'll never forget the look of confusion on Finkel's face last year when he said that WWE would be returning to Ireland real soon - then he announced a Belfast date and everyone booed - lol.

Humpty D wrote:
    You're missing the point - a lot of families will have spent their 'wrestling' budget on bringing their kids to see WWE, and won't take their kids to see a local promotion if dates clash within a few weeks.

I went to an NWA Ireland event several days after the WWE were at the Point mainly because I had been so impressed with the WWE event. I came across a family who had said they were at the WWE show as well. WWE shows help out wrestling and get kids interested in the Irish shows.
    Humpty D wrote:
    WWE whore themselves out over here as much as possible, and rape the Irish wrestling audience for every penny they can squeeze. €45 for a t-shirt at the last Point Depot show (not to mention the extortionate price for a programme) - and terrible lazy comedy matches.

This is Ireland. Everywhere rapes the Irish consumer for every penny they can squeeze. People didn't have to buy programmes or shirts if they didn't want to. I didn't.

Humpty D wrote:
    They treat it like a paid holiday when they tour Ireland. Last time they were here, all John Cena was interested in doing was plugging the upcoming RDS show - about 10 times, instead of entertaining the fans who had ALREADY bought tickets for THAT show - "Hey, f*ck this show - let's just plug the next one". Pretending he actually gives a sh*t ("The Irish fans are the best. I was drinking Guinness earlier").

I went to the Thursday show at the Point. Cena got hit with a chair shot that was absolutely sickening from JBL that brought gasps from most people. He ended up juicing himself and was bleeding profusely. I'd never seen Cena bleed that much in the past never mind at a House Show. It was a good build-up for the RDS event and he worked hard that night when I was there. Why take the chair shot at all? Dedication. That's why.
    Humpty D wrote:
    They even think Belfast is in the Republic - I'll never forget the look of confusion on Finkel's face last year when he said that WWE would be returning to Ireland real soon - then he announced a Belfast date and everyone booed - lol.

Belfast is in Ireland. You sound like a Unionist the way you're talking. Some of us regard the whole island as being our nation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

But the sad truth is Ireland is not one big happy country.

Anyway i'll bet it doesnt rain for the RDS show and the whether is gettin alot better anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

LanceStorm wrote:
    First Cena leaves now more than likely itl rain, hahahaha!!!
    I hope stone cold gets drunk and misses his flight too, that'd be hilarious!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha yourself, Lance,

Cena will be at the RDS...

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=13907/articles/news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Some one send me a report about this thread, asking for it to be closed, deleted... whatever, cos' some one said WWE sucks!

Isnt that an opinion?

Alot of wrestling fans dislike WWE. Read boards rules!

D-FENS wrote:
    Ha Ha Ha yourself, Lance,

Cena will be at the RDS...

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=13907/articles/news

It says that:
    In addition to that, whoever is picked on RAW Monday in the next installment of "draft lottery month" from SmackDown, that person will also still go on the European tour this week with the SmackDown! brand since the paperwork was done well before decisions were made about roster trades.

Does this mean we won't be seeing Chris Benoit? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

no i means if we paid to see cena at the rds we would get to see cena and then he is done with smackdown so benoit could be in a match aswel it just means cena has to be there because he was advertised as in the main event

Kio wrote:
    no i means if we paid to see cena at the rds we would get to see cena and then he is done with smackdown so benoit could be in a match aswel it just means cena has to be there because he was advertised as in the main event

Yeah but I was focusing on the part which says "since the paperwork was done well before decisions were made about roster trades". Since Benoit was never originally scheduled, does that mean we won't get to see him? And what about the next Smackdown draft this Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

they mean the paperwork of the event but they could still add match's

focus on that

• Advertisement

Kio wrote:
    they mean the paperwork of the event but they could still add match's

focus on that

OK but I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them dashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its good that we are getting our advertised main event I hope Benoit is there as well I am looking foward to it and I dont care if it is going to rain Youre just going to get soaked probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will the show be cancelled if it rains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Honestly, what do you reckon yourself?

When was the last time a soccer match/Rugby match, or even an open air concert canceleld because of rain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

fair nuff - just people seem to be making a big deal of it raining - if its not called off it won't bother me.

Advertisement