Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weezer Gig

• 09-06-2005 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Did any one go to this gig? I am going to the gig in Brixton next week and was curious how it went and what the setlist was like????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Already posted in the gigs forum :)

They were good if a little inanimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Apologies.
    Thanks J, setlist looks good.
    Roll on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Doctor J wrote:
    They were good if a little inanimate.

And I was expecting them to be firing themselves off the walls :p

I thought they were just fine tbh, a lot of people seemingly didn't "get" the whole Rivers being so withdrawn thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Doctor J wrote:
    I thought they were just fine tbh, a lot of people seemingly didn't "get" the whole Rivers being so withdrawn thing.

i think he looked at the crowd twice.
    was a great gig all the same.

• Advertisement

From where we were (upstairs looking along the stage) you could see he was into it. At one point he and the bass player broke into great big grins at each other but cooled it down before they turned back to the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yea he was loving it inside. i was frontish center. did you see the amount of people crowd surfing at the last song. they were using me as leverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Do people not realise his whole act and stage persona is being shy and mumbly? I liked it. Was front right at first, gradually threw my way to front centre. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, like Rivers isn't meant to be a super heavy metal lunatic that does stage dives.

Sure he use to move around the stage more when he was younger but since he has gotten into mediatating or something like that he's withdrawn but is super focus on what he is doing thus leading to a brilliant gig.

hard to believe the band were playing with rented gear they sounded so good.

Advertisement