Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trapped

Options
  • 09-06-2005 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

We have a cool 2 year old little fella. We love him and think he is great.

But my partner feels trapped. She is bored but won't go out and do anything/any activities because she misses him when she is away. She loves spending time with him.

It is made worse by the fact that we commute and have full time jobs so can't spend as much time with him as we would like.

Has any body experienced this before or does anybody have suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hacksaw Charlie

Hi, do you have any family close by? or even a trusted friend? I suggest that you try to all go somewhere together - park, resturant, shopping...etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Could there be a touch of post-natal depression settling in? I agree with the earlier suggestion of doing things as a family, like eating out, zoo/park, playground etc. But it is important to get the occasional adult break for an evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

narommy wrote:
    But my partner feels trapped. She is bored but won't go out and do anything/any activities because she misses him when she is away. She loves spending time with him.
    imho there are probably two sets of emotions going on:
    1) she loves him and wants to spend lots of time with him.
    2) she is bored and wants to do things, but feels trapped due to work and home/kid obligations.

tbh that's all perfectly natural and normal. Parents can feel guilty about going out to work and "leaving the child behind" too, maybe this is a factor.

I'd try to get to the bottom of the feeling trapped and resolve it.
    Have you discussed your concerns with her, and she her concerns with you?

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Any chance one or both of you could work only part time or stay home or are both incomes required to just pay the bills?

Advertisement