Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Carlsberg Cup

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Fair play to Malahide the other night. It was a spirited perfromance from them and they could have easily snatched it. Wayne Griffin's lob would have been a goal deserving of winning any cup tie if it wasn't for the Sligo keeper's stunning save. Sligo wasted too many chances and were lucky in the end but their 1st division class pulled through in the end.

Also a great crowd there at Gannon Park the other night. I estimated a crowd of between 400-500 but it was very sad to see half of the crowd leave immediately after the 2nd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Also a great crowd there at Gannon Park the other night. I estimated a crowd of between 400-500 but it was very sad to see half of the crowd leave immediately after the 2nd goal.
    Yeah that was shocking. There was only a few minutes to go too, at least give the lads a clap off the field.

There would have been a far bigger crowd as well had there been a weekend between the original tie and the replay. The signs in the pubs and all only went up on the Sunday so it would have missed the large Fri/Sat crowds which could have pulled in a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well, the draw is today.

Hoping City get Douglas Hall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do you know what time?

Im assuming itll be on 6one news as usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeah, around 6.40 on RTE 1.

Longford Town v UCD
    Dundalk v Drogheda United
    Shamrock Rovers v Douglas Hall
    Derry City v Kildare County
    Cork City v Finn Harps
    Sligo Rovers v St Patrick's Athletic
    Bray Wanderers v Cherry Orchard
    Bohemians v Wayside Celtic

Happy that City got a home draw anyways. Some nice ties in their, namely the Louth Derby, City Harps, and Longford/UCD.

However, imo, tie of the round is Sligo Vs SPA. Who are the favourites? Id put Sligo as sligthly.

Cheery Orchard could do a number on Bray also.

Going mad Douglas Hall got drawn away. Should be straight forward for Shams, but financially they would have wanted an away tie to Derry or Cork City.

You don't reckon they could do a number on Rovers then?

Even if they caught them on an off day, I'll be cheering for them anyway

Having seen both Longford and UCD in recent weeks, it will be an evenly matched game.

City should be beating the likes of Harps.

Yep, the Louth Derby looks tasty alright, might even go up for a look at that one.

Can't see Orchard being able to beat Bray myself, but there are always shocks, and that one is probably the one tie that screams that from the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    You don't reckon they could do a number on Rovers then?

Even if they caught them on an off day, I'll be cheering for them anyway

Ssssshhhhh you, this thread for ppl still in it the cup :D

We buggered as always, assume we lose every cup game ever and thats being optimistic :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

seansouth wrote:
    Yep, the Louth Derby looks tasty alright, might even go up for a look at that one.

When i first heard this i jumped for the sky and hit the roof
    The upsetting thing is than more then likely out "home" tie will be played in united park which is of course Droghedas ground This match will be massive for both teams a LOT of local pride at stake and the athmosphere will be terrific i can picture the drogs singing we aint got a pitch .. my mouth is watering at the though of this match i dont think dundalk will win which is hard for me to say as im a massive lilywhite fan but drogheda are well up there .. there should also be a massive crowd at this full house at united park if its played there , and if by some strange way oriel is ready then there will be a hell of a crowd for teh home comming , the FAI cup run is all we can hope for this seasons so fingers cross and

COME ON YOU LILYWHITES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah the louth derby is the tie of the round, should be a bit good alright.

i can feel it here a great picture and what to expect at united park im in this photo :)

020407dfccrowdwallpaper9gu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

What is that, looks like it could be the Ballybough end after the cup win a few years back?

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:
    What is that, looks like it could be the Ballybough end after the cup win a few years back?

wow good spot, musta been hard with all those people in the way :)

Oh i kill me.....

kdjac

• Advertisement

ah im so slow how i didnt see that comming

He's having a go at the usual small crowds in Tolka.

:rolleyes:

Ah news just in

***The match is scheduled for Thursday 25th August in Oriel Park.***

meaning the louth derby will be the home comming

Cup Match Details
    Dundalk will play Drogheda United in the FAI Cup on Friday 26th August in Oriel Park with a 7.30 kick-off. The match has been rescheduled to accomodate live television coverage of the tie.

Who si televising it? Setanta or TG4? Great to see that the earlier rounds are getting a bit of exposure, and this should be an especially good match.

Good to see Dundalk finally getting Oriel together again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement