Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Server 2005 : CREATE ASSEMBLY error 6218

Options
  • 09-06-2005 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to add a fairly simple assembly to SQL server 2005; but keep getting a message:
    6218 : Assembly 'EnableIrelandSystem' failed verification, run peverify on the assembly.

So - the only thing remotely controversial in th eassembly is a reference to System.Runtime.Interopservices (for StructLayout ).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I haven't used SQL 2005 yet but done some reading. If memory serves me there are three trust levels for assemblies. Safe, trusted and unsafe, something like that. Safe assemblies have limited scope and are the default I think. Now my guess is your assembly isn't safe, if it can use interop services it can use COM components and do all sorts of nasty things. So I would think you need to add the assembly with some sort of parameter saying its not trusted. PEverify is a tool that verifys if an assembly is safe, yours is not safe but you are trying to add it as a safe assembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Sounds reasonable, thanks.

Advertisement