Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths (H) Paper 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I hate myself right now feel like eating lead!

DON'T do it...

Everyone needs to try to calm down, there are a lot more exams to face, you never know you could find paper II easy. Life is rarely as bad as it seems, unless of course when it is. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Either way what other people did with the paper will alter our results by a grade or maybe more. Unfortunatly for those of us that got out part c's and messed up the b's will undoubtably go down grades.Which isnt fair but then if i got out the b's and not the c's i wouldnt be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

where is q4 on examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Brendygg wrote:
    where is q4 on examinations.ie

home page
    Exam material archive
    exam papers
    leaving cert
    maths paper one higher pdf

OMG!!!!! I just realised I left out 6 (b)! :eek:

How the bloody hell did I do that?! :(

• Advertisement

OMG!!!!! I just realised I left out 6 (b)! :eek:

How the bloody hell did I do that?! :(

And that will prob be worth 30/35 marks to

sound

was that the one with the implicit as a part (ii)?

stevoxbx wrote:
    was that the one with the implicit as a part (ii)?

No the quotient you have to show is equal to tan something!

I messed that up big time. hope to god they dont give 30marks for it.

• Advertisement

And that will prob be worth 30/35 marks to

Great! I get the harder graph right and yet I lose the most marks! :mad:

Things need a-changing.

Great! I get the harder graph right and yet I lose the most marks! :mad:

Things need a-changing.

For **** sake I feel so **** I need a **** dood night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

almost always the marks are given 10,20,20 it hardly ever changes.don't cod yourselves the marks are gonna be the way they want them without having to alter the scheme

stevoxbx wrote:
    I messed that up big time. hope to god they dont give 30marks for it.

It cannot be worth 30 marks, part (a) was easy and the first and second part of c were basic ordinary questions, it's expected of people to know this stuff.

sixdraw wrote:
    almost always the marks are given 10,20,20 it hardly ever changes.don't cod yourselves the marks are gonna be the way they want them without having to alter the scheme

Definitely not 'almost always', especially for harder questions, but 6 c must be given fair marks, it's mostly basic stuff.

ya my teacher said they change the marking scheme for extremely hard ones,but looking at past marking schemes as sixdraw said it is 10,20,20 but they may give 10 for gettin dy/dx of 6b and then give attempt marks for trying to show if u didnt get it like me.then ur on 13 but dats very optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

They'll alter it slightly I reckon but not by that much. 6 c was grand apart from the very last part and asymptotes were tipped to come up anyway. People going on about sketching curves being hard - it comes up fairly regularly and if you're doing integration you should be well used to it. They won't alter it that much, a bit of thought went into the paper despite what people think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The only thing I can see them changing is Q7 (c) , put more marks into b (i) as it was a bit long.

it is almost always 10,20,20. more marks are given for good work on the hard stuff but unless the paper is drastically hard or drastically easy its going to be 10,20,20. and that paper was neither of thr latter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

it will more than likely be 10, 20, 20 but they may just change the way the marks are given within the question

• Advertisement

If they put a bit of thought into it they should have expected this uproar. Makes me hope paper2 is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

the most they could do is put part c (iii) down to 5 marks and raise one of the previous parts of c to 10 marks

even with 2003's circle question there wasnt a drastic change in the marking scheme and that was one of the worst questions to appear on the modern papers

I still can't believe I just left out 6(b)!

Up to 20 marks straight down the drain! :(

Did anyone get all 8 questions fully attempted?
    Or did many people do 4 and 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

stevoxbx wrote:
    If they put a bit of thought into it they should have expected this uproar. Makes me hope paper2 is easy.
    Take a look at 1997 if you want to see a lack of thought. Or better yet Applied Maths 1999 if you do it. Trust me, this paper was horrible but it was mild by comparison

did 6 scraped it for time

probably 6% down the drain. thats over a grade. I just dont see how u could have done that

ya that 99 applied paper was really nasty. Hope to god nothing like that ever comes up again

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

sixdraw wrote:
    Did anyone get all 8 questions fully attempted?
    Or did many people do 4 and 5?

I attempted all 8, had the time seeing as I couldn't do half the paper lol. I've decided not to count maths for points, just need to pass so here's hoping for a nice paper 2!

• Advertisement

stevoxbx wrote:
    probably 6% down the drain. thats over a grade. I just dont see how u could have done that

I know. I know. I'm very annoyed with myself at the moment. :(

Advertisement