Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stray cats spayed

• 09-06-2005 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

We have 2 cats of our own (spayed). There are 3 stray cats that were starving and about to die but are ok now as we feed them. They don't come closer than about 6 feet from us but are happy to be fed.
    One of them has just had 2 kittens.

he problem is that there are now too many cats around. We are happy to feed the ones that are there now but dont want any more. And dont want these put down.

Is there a way of getting strays spayed without it costing us as we cant afford to pay to get them spayed.

There are 5 altogether including the new born kittens.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yes there is, cat welfare groups will help you trap neuter and return the cats and have them spayed/neutered. It would help them a lot if you could put something towards the ops even a small donation but they will do it if you give them a hand to catch them.

There are a good few cat welfare groups in the Dublin area if that's where you are based, other cat welfare groups around the country do it too.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sgmallen

If you are in Cork then go to www.corkanimalfriends.com, they are great at this sort of thing! Any donation that you could give them would be a huge help I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

There are a good few cat welfare groups in the Dublin area

Do you have any names of organisations? I'm plagued by 3 or 4 cats that my neighbours feed that are wild and are breeding like... cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Excellent, thanks!

BTW, I've just noticed a kitten, so here comes more trouble!

• Advertisement
Advertisement