Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Outsider at Tipp tonight

• 09-06-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

First of all I'm not advising anybody to bet on this but when I was having a look through the card for Tipperary this evening I came across a horse called Four Aces running at 6:20.

Four Aces has only ran once in the last two years, that was a couple of weeks ago in a hurdles race, it's running in a beginners chase tonight.

What interests me in this horse is his form in 2002/03, he was beaten only a length by Rule Supreme in a novice hurdle in 2002 and then won a couple of strong handicaps in 2003. I presume his absense for such a long time was because of injury but the very fact a high profile trainer such as Jessica Harrington persisted with him for so long is possibly a pointer in itself.

Since he's only had the one run in two years it's hard to know what is fitness will be like, he's definitely one to keep an eye on, if he could recapture his earlier form he could definitely win some races, whether it be tonight or not we'll have to wait and see.

He was actualy rated 8lb higher than the favourite in tonights race Lasquini Du Moulin over hurdles.

He is currently 33/1 with Paddy Power and 40/1 with Cashmans. This may prove to be a dog but with it's form before it was injured it is worth keeping an eye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

interesting spot master k, def worth say €5 each way imo

fair play boss, backed him 7.50 each way and he came in 2nd or 3rd, handy 45 quid there :) he ran well if the text commectary was anything to go by, battled hard, should have backed him to place on betfair 8/1 :D

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Credit where it's due there, came in 3rd at 14-1...quality post MasterK. We'll have to bring in our own rep system on the horsies forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

An excellent effort considering his lack of races, only his 2nd race in 2 years. I had a small bit of the 8/1 to place on betfair and a few quid to win at 60/1. I'll definitely keep an eye out for him next time out.

On the subject of the price what an absolute sham that the on-course bookies only had him at 14/1, he was 33/1 with Paddy Power and 40/1 with Cashamns all day without the price moving at all. He was freely available at 60/1 on betfair (price even jumped to 80/1 just before the off). It's another example of the totally unbelievable overrounds bookies operate on Irish racing.

i agree with you there, when i was looking at the text commentary it said he started at 14/1, i had 7.5 each way at 33/1 and a sneaky 2 euros at 66/1 on betfair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Great stuff MasterK, Cheers.

Advertisement