Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio presenter with a lisp

• 09-06-2005 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Has anyone heard the woman who presents the news on the radio,,2fm and Today fm I think with the lisp, (given it's only a very slight lisp). Now I have absolutely nothing against people with lisps but it's like they're explicitly trying to prove 'an equal opportunites employer' point.

Would you put a person with only 4 fingers to do sign language on the teletext 888 channel meaning he couldn't properly sign certain words making it harder for the intended audience to understand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Johnathan Ross!

I know what you mean all the same. I actually have a bigger issue with the fact an Australian is used to present the news on TV3. Nothing wrong with them just something not right and I can't quite figure out why it bugs me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Grainne Seoige's got one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭gaizka71

actually, I was surprised by the % of people with a lisp in Ireland, it might have something to do with the irish accent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

aodh_rua wrote:
    Grainne Seoige's got one too.
    Yeah but it's kinda cute. Actually, I think lisps are cute -to an extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

Johnathan Ross!

I know what you mean all the same. I actually have a bigger issue with the fact an Australian is used to present the news on TV3. Nothing wrong with them just something not right and I can't quite figure out why it bugs me.

And the worst thing is when you mention it people think you've a thing against lisps...that's not the point being made. It's about people's ability to carry out their job to 100% of it's potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

]x$ ]??hakaman]Has anyone heard the woman who presents the news on the radio,,2fm and Today fm I think with the lisp,[/QUOTE]

Now she's hardly working for rival stations is she?

Anyhoo her name is Jane Norton and she works for 2fm. Couldn't agree more, she's not a very good newsreader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 clarkee

And by the way what mean b****rd put an S in lisp in the first place ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

(Sorry for digging this up. Wanted to ask a Q but didn't feel it was worth a thread)

Anyway, does anyone think lisps are quite endearing and dare I say 'sexy'? I could listen to Ruth McAvinia or Sile Seoige (and probably even this Jane Norton whoever she is) talking all day so I could!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I actually have a bigger issue with the fact an Australian is used to present the news on TV3.
    her accent wasnt too strong though, but maybe some older people could not understand her. It is odd that somebody with a lisp would even try and get a job as a presenter, it is distracting while listening to her. Like the person mentioned about a signer with 4 fingers. Are they worried to turn them down to risk a discrimination charge?
    You'll have 8 stone weaklings working as bouncers next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Johnathan Ross!

his radio show is actually quite good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Zombie thread!

What about Aisling Kenny on the 2FM news? Mad lisp on her altogether. One doesn't wish to mock, but it's an odd trait in someone whose job is "read out some words on a piece of paper".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Zombie thread!

What about Aisling Kenny on the 2FM news? Mad lisp on her altogether. One doesn't wish to mock, but it's an odd trait in someone whose job is "read out some words on a piece of paper".

Please don't bump old threads.

We now have a radio forum... TBH they wouldn't really welcome mocking there either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement