Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Fainne Moot

Options
  • 09-06-2005 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin:
    "An Fáinne"
    Second Thursday of the Month, from 7:30pm
    The Teachers Club, 36 Parnell Square, Dublin 1
    €4
    http://www.fainne.net/

The topic for dicussion is Faire Tales.
    I will be there and will a few others ,
    just letting people know if they want to pop along.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Shame I missed that. Looks like a great little group. I'll try keep my evening free for the next one. Always get a great read from the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yeah, last months was a particularly good one, and the coming one looks promising.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I take it its up on the site somewhere. I think I am on the mailing list, but I can never keep up with those things!

I'll go find it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The link to the website keeps timing out on me, is this still going on and is it on this thursday the 14th as its the 2nd thursday of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a yahoo mailing list for this and it is still running.
    Yes the next one is the 14th I don't know what the topic for discussion/debate currently is.

• Advertisement

ok seems it my a problem here tha the site wouldnt load, I'll sign up to the mailing list and might go along on thursday to check it out. I have to go to the Teachers Club that night anyway. Cheers Thaed.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

i'll go next month i've been there before and was amused. but i still go by my, "i dont like wiccas" policy.

Dontico wrote:
    i'll go next month i've been there before and was amused. but i still go by my, "i dont like wiccas" policy.

What an odd thing to say, isn't that like saying you don't muslims or jews ?
    What do you mean as wiccas ?

Thaedydal wrote:
    What an odd thing to say, isn't that like saying you don't muslims or jews ?
    What do you mean as wiccas ?

yeah i know it is. hard to explain via typing.
    nothing against muslims or jews. both are very old and established faiths. i consider wicca to be lightly based on pagism and still very new. i've some books on it and talked to alot of wiccas. they seem to add thier bits particularly rituals and like. i think one should only take pagism from the little bit of information we have. its ok to interpurate for ones self from the vague bits. but making claims from facts that just are not there seems silly to me. during the 19th century a group of people pretend to be witches inorder to make a money making scam. they wrote books and i fear that, thats where alot of wiccas get thier info from.

Don't confuse newagers, fluffies and those only starting out and seeking with those who do infact have Wican credentials.

Sounds more like you have been meeting Mcwiccans then actual witches or lineaged traditional Wicans.

• Advertisement

i keep an open mind but so far i have had a 100% failure rate with wiccas.

Am new to this but what are 'Wiccas'? Are they different to Wicans or Wiccans?

the word i was given was "wicca". but yes the same thing. bre it, wicca, wiccan, witch or horseparsnip. doesnt matter what you call them. well maybe not horseparsnip.

What is a horseparsnip maybe you men a horseradish ?

You seem as confused about vestables as you do the difference between witches, Wican and wiccans.
    This may help http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52488688&postcount=4

Either you are just ill informed or delibratly trying to irk and anoy.

IF it is the former then I suggest you read the stickies with information and links and the charter for the rules of this forum.
    If it is the latter then you could find your posting privalages for this forum revoked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Hazlittle

Is fannie still on?

Yes it is but the venue has changed to:
    The Extension room beside the Library Bar in the Central Hotel, Exchequer Street.
    The next one is on Thursday 12th August at 7:30pm.

There is a mailing list also: fainne@yahoogroups.com

Advertisement